THE COMPANYCompany Overview:
Established in 2002, Vince is a leading global luxury apparel and accessories brand best known for creating elevated yet understated pieces for every day. The collections are inspired by the brand’s California origins and embody a feeling of warm and effortless style. Vince designs uncomplicated yet refined pieces that approach dressing with a sense of ease.
Known for a range of luxury products, Vince offers women’s and men’s ready-to-wear, shoes, home, fragrance, and handbags. Vince products are sold in prestige locations worldwide. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles, the Company operates 48 full-price retail stores, 15 outlet stores and its e-commerce site, vince.com.
Vince is searching for talent with passion, creativity, and entrepreneurial spirit to contribute to the future development of the brand. As a company, Vince is committed to offering employees a challenging and rewarding work environment, opportunities for growth and development, a customer focused culture, a community to “give-back”, and competitive pay and benefits. THE POSITIONOrganizational Structure:
The Director of Wholesale will report to the President, North America Wholesale Position Overview:
The Director of Wholesale will be responsible for supporting and growing both new and existing accounts. We are looking for an experienced individual who has the ability to identify opportunities and help drive the business to a new area of growth. Responsibilities:
- Maintain and manage relationships with majors and specialty partners.
- Manage and grow Vince top line sales and gross margin.
- Identify and secure new business opportunities by utilizing majors and specialty relationships to convey product and customer feedback to design and merchandising teams.
- Analyze territory and pinpoint open areas for distribution in the specialty store market.
- Partner with the President to develop growth and top line sales execution strategies.
- Communicate business feedback and trends to the President.
- Manage projects from concept to completion.
- Partner with planner on seasonal budgets and financial targets and periodically check-in to ensure expectations are being met.
- Develop accurate forecasts that monitor and interpret past and present sales trends to forecast the future.
- Analyze weekly sales reports to make business driving recommendations to the buying teams
- Track and monitor shipping daily.
- Work with production and sales operations to ensure customer orders are being properly managed.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of sales strategies against sales targets, considering the return on investment.
- Manage sales team/account executives.
- 7-10+ years’ experience with at least 4 years in a management or leadership role servicing sales accounts in the women's apparel
- Strong financial skills; including a deep understanding of retail math. Proven track record in line planning, financial planning, gross margin and dilution management.
- Existing relationships with major departments stores including Saks, Bloomingdales, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, and Shopbop.
- Demonstrate leadership, interpersonal skills, communication, and presentation skills
- A strong understanding of brand development and multichannel marketing concepts
- Understanding of contemporary market and industry competition.
- Proficiency using MS Office software applications required
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive compensation package which may include short and/or long term incentives, clothing allowance, and merchandise discount, in addition to base salary and full health and welfare benefits. Vince, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Vince, LLC also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.
- Business Development
- Customer Service