JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW:
The Data Engineer will use smart technology to empower Team Health stakeholders enterprise-wide to make the best decisions based on timely, accurate and actionable information. Must enjoy working with SQL and Big Data Technologies. The Data Engineer will have the chance to work with the best data and massively parallel processing databases to speed analyses, with broad exposure to the workings of Team Health and critical thinking to tackle complex challenges. When other teams need to know about providers, productivity, performance, or other data insights, they count on our Data & Analytics team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Part of a progressive, technology-focused team that is dedicated to identifying and delivering solutions to our customers and employees with smart technology and teamwork;
- Embody our company values along with Agile and lean software development principles;
- Proactively engage in both internal and external learning opportunities;
- Responsibility for the full development life cycle of the solution, including detailed design, code development, code reviews, unit testing, build/test support, data quality monitors, deployment activities and post-deployment support;
- Build great leadership skills by managing and optimizing the EDA team ETLs along with analytic operations: job-stream definition and management, parameters, scheduling, monitoring, communication and alerting;
- Juggle multiple project timelines simultaneously and estimate development duration and effort for all projects;
- Communicate openly and candidly with your Team Leader and other teammates verbally and written;
- Viewed as a mentor by others in and outside the team for technical solutions;
- Hands on with Big Data management activities including acquisition, ingestion, transformation, and data quality.
Hadoop, Spark, Python, SQL, UNIX & CLOUD
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or another applicable field is preferred;
- At least 6 years' experience of all 4 of the following BI disciplines: Data ingestion, Data Integration, Analytics or Reporting;
- 5 years of SQL experience with the ability to write complex SQL statements while mentoring optimal code hygiene practices;
- 3+ years of coding experience with spark and python(required);
- Hands on experience in Hadoop, Spark and on ETL queries.
- Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data, including integrating data from multiple sources.
- Experience in Apache Airflow is a plus.
- 2+ years of hands on experience with Big data & Cloud technologies
- Experience in a Unix/Linux environment
- Unix familiarity and shell scripting experience
- Working knowledge of source-code control using GitHub is required.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Deliver high performance code into production cloud applications in a team environment
- High energy, self-motivation, attention to detail, creativity, flexibility, and ability to work under pressure
- Proven analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills and ability to communicate well, even to non-technical users
- Built rock solid Data hub solutions along with designing, implementing, testing, migrating, deploying and managing ELT solutions
- Built solutions by leveraging advanced testing techniques and implemented proper audits, alerts, and notifications that proactively measures failures before they happen along with mentoring others to do the same
- Strong desire to teach and mentor other developers along with proven ability to work autonomously or in a team setting
PHYSICAL / ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Job performed in a well-lighted, modern office setting;
- Occasional lifting/carrying (10 pounds or less);
- Occasional standing/bending/stooping/reaching;
- Moderate stress;
- Prolonged sitting; and
- Prolonged work at a computer/PC.
Cooperative, positive, courteous and professional behavior and conduct is an essential function of every position. All employees must be able to work with others beyond giving and receiving instructions. This includes getting along with co-workers, peers and management without exhibiting behavior extremes. Job functions may require personal leadership skills such as conflict resolution, negotiating, instructing, persuading, speaking with others as well as responding appropriately to job performance feedback from the supervisor. Additionally, the information contained in this job description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.