Support general accounting and related general ledger functions pertaining to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting. Assist in interpretation and analysis of financial results and budget/forecast variances related to the balance sheet and direct/indirect cost of services. Maintain accounting policies and procedures. Document, assess, and implement internal controls as needed in conjunction with Sarbanes-Oxley.
For more than 50 years, our client has defined its industry with innovative solutions.
- Preparation and/or review of journal entries for general ledger close
- Supports month-end and year-end close processes and prepares accurate, timely financial statements in accordance with established schedule
- Accounting for inter-company transactions
- Monthly account reconciliations including the cleanup of reconciling items
- Assisting with monthly consolidated financial statement preparation
- Actual to Budget/Forecast variance analysis
- Revenue and expense analysis
- Internal management reporting
- Supervising staff accountant(s) and reviewing their work product
- Review and analyze Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable entries
- Assist in the preparation of Annual Operating Budgets
- Ad-hoc financial reporting and analysis
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- Minimum of 5 years of current professional hands-on accounting experience including 3-5 years in a health care organization.
- Minimum of 3 years prior General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Financial Statement preparation experience. Payroll is a bonus.
- Experience working with internal and external auditors
- Intermediate to Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Quickbooks, PowerPoint, and Access
- Deadline and results oriented. Fast learner and efficiency oriented.
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles