*Careers Begin Here*
If you are looking for a career with a lot of opportunity for growth and development this is it!
Glenmont Job Corps is a federally funded education and training program focusing on employability skills and job placement for young adults, located just outside the beautiful city of Albany in Upstate New York. At Glenmont Job Corps Center, we support the Job Corps program’s mission to teach eligible young people the skills they need to become employable and independent and place them in meaningful jobs or further education.
Glenmont is currently seeking a candidate for a Bookkeeper. The ideal candidate would bring energy and enthusiasm to the overall Center, as well as a desire to be a part of educating and empowering today's youth.
Performs bookkeeping functions to process accounts payable and disburse checks and cash to staff and students. Processes and reconciles Job Corps Student Pay. Maintains related documents in efficient and organized files. Ensures strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
Qualifications & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate of Arts Degree or two years’ bookkeeping/accounting experience preferred.
- Proficient computer skills and Microsoft suite of applications required.
- Must pass company finance test.
- Follows all integrity guidelines and procedures and ensures no manipulation of student data.
- Verifies completeness of invoice packages. Cancels (stamps “PAID”) all completed invoice and cash payment packages.
- Enters accounts payable invoices and payment requests into accounting system.
- Coordinates and oversees student pay and allotments.
- Maintains the Center petty case and meal ticket funds. Performs cash transactions for students and for staff meals.
- Generates timely payments to vendors and staff.
- Reconciles Payroll (not Accounts Payable) bank account and Accounts Payable subsidiary records.
- Performs combination of routine calculations, postings and verifying of accounting data. Performs miscellaneous clerical duties including typing assignments, filing, data entry and retrieval, and recurrent report preparation.
- Maintains accounting records and reports, to include accounts payable, receivable, inventory control, etc. in accordance with procedures.
- Produces quality work/assignments in a thorough, timely and accurate manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Monday – Friday 9am-6pm
- 11 paid holidays a year
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- HSA/FSA option available
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership after one year of service
- Paid STD/LTD, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Will Preparation, Travel Assistance, and Identity Theft
Adams and Associates, Inc. is a 100% employee owned company subcontracted to run Job Corps Centers under the guidance of the DOL.