8901 - Corp Office West Crk - 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia, 23238
CarMax, the way your career should be!
Create products that revolutionize the industry
When it comes to product development, CarMax puts customers in the driver’s seat. As a Product Manager you will disrupt the industry with your relentless pursuit of an exceptional customer experience and strategic use of technology. Your work will put customer needs at the heart of our process, and make the car buying and selling experience better. Thinking cross functionally, you’ll work with your design and development partners to create products that allow customers to buy the vehicle they want in a way that’s right for them. Innovation is at the heart of CarMax’s strategy, and in this role, you are too.
What you will do – Essential responsibilities
- Lead a highly motivated team that discovers and develops products and services that transform the car shopping, buying and owning experience for our customers and drives business value
- Conduct ongoing, immersive customer discovery to understand behaviors, motivations, problems and opportunities across the customer journey
- Develop hypotheses and rapidly iterate on prototypes to validate the right solutions
- Assess the feasibility of solutions, prioritize opportunities, and manage a cross-functional, technically-oriented team to develop and scale unique solutions to complex problems
- Set direction and goals based on quantitative data, qualitative insights, and strong business acumen, in collaboration with business leaders and stakeholders
- Stay on top of industry trends and best practices to continuously improve what we do and ensure a great customer experience
Improve customer experience with every interaction
Drawing on data, you’ll bring new insights to the development of products that offer a well-rounded customer experience. Your forward-thinking and strategic approach will be matched by an urge to drive rapid product delivery and make a real impact on the business. To do this, you must be able to inspire and lead others, partnering cross-functionally to scale the experiences we build in-store or online.
Qualifications and requirements
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline is preferred
- At least three years’ experience in product management or a related field is preferred
- Fluency and experience working with modern technology stacks and partnering with software engineers is preferred
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.
New Product Development