To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Juan, PR
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Customer Service Representative- San Juan, PR
UnitedHealth Group • San Juan, PR
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
If putting a smile on someone’s face puts one on yours, you belong on our team. Here at Optum Puerto Rico Operations, we’ve brought together teams of incredibly compassionate and absolutely positive people to help serve our members or providers when they reach out to us with questions. Your helpful personality combined with our support, training and development will ensure your success. This is no small opportunity. This is a chance to leverage your compassion for others and build a rewarding career.
Training classes start soon – apply today!
- Provide phone support to address the needs of members or providers, taking care to thoroughly understand the type of assistance required
- Ask appropriate questions and listen actively to identify specific questions or issues while documenting required information in computer systems
- Research complex issues across multiple databases and work with support resources to resolve member or provider issues and/or partner with others to resolve escalated issues
- May assist customers in navigating UnitedHealth Group websites while encouraging and reassuring them to become self-sufficient in using our tools
- May contact care providers (doctor’s offices) on behalf of the customer to assist with appointment scheduling or connections with internal specialists for assistance when needed
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. It requires fluency in computer navigation and toggling while you confidently and compassionately engage in dialogue with the caller. Be assured that our training will provide you with knowledge of the various products, plans and levels of benefits available to members and you’ll soon find yourself creating positive experiences and earning the gratitude of callers on an hourly basis.
**ENGLISH PROFICIENCY ASSESSMENT WILL BE REQUIRED AFTER APPLICATION**
- High school diploma or GED
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate a computer and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Demonstrated ability to listen skillfully, collect relevant information, build rapport and respond to customers in a compassionate manner
- Skilled in problem solving to quickly assess current state and formulate recommendations
- Bilingual Spanish/English proficiency
- 1+ year of experience in a related environment (i.e. office, administrative, clerical, customer service, etc.) using phones and computers as the primary job tools
- Prior health care experience
Helping create positive customer experiences for our members can drive your sense of impact and purpose. Join us as we improve the lives of millions. Learn more about how you can start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: customer service representative, customer service, CSR, UnitedHealth Group, call center, UnitedHealthcare, Optum, health care, office, phone support, training class