Business Group Highlights
Perspecta Labs generates transformative applied research to fuel solutions for our customers’ unique challenges. We are a self-sustaining research center within Perspecta that provides applied research and engineering to enable government agencies, utilities and commercial enterprises to fully exploit the future of communications, analytics and cyber security. Responsibilities
Linux System Administrator and Test Engineer
Perspecta Labs in Silver Spring, MD is looking for a full-time Linux System Administrator and Test Engineer. This position supports day-to-day Information Technology (IT) operations for Perspecta Labs. The position includes configuration and management of both unclassified and classified IT assets in addition to test engineering on multiple unclassified and classified projects. The candidate will be part of a small team of system and network engineers performing administrative functions for the maintenance, testing, upgrading, and troubleshooting of Perspecta Labs' IT infrastructure. The Linux Test Engineer responsibilities would include performing automation and orchestration scripting (Python/Bash) for performing test and validation functions on existing and future contracts as well as maintenance of contract assets. The position requires on-site work in the Silver Spring, Maryland location.
- Manage IT Server Rooms
- Ensure network and computer infrastructure remain available during production hours
- Perform program data backups
- Identify root-causes of operational issues and process inefficiencies
- Provide reports and documentation
- Install hardware and software as required
- Monitor security logs for violations and anomalous events; report information security concerns and problems when necessary
- Continuously maintain a thorough understanding of all configurations, architecture, installed software, accounts (both Operating System and Application), data flows, ports, protocols, and other relevant data for each IT System
- Work with project members on designing, implementing, maintaining, and running software and hardware test beds
- B.S. degree in a technical discipline such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Security, or Information Technology – or equivalent applied experience.
- Experience with Cyber Security, Information Assurance, or Information System Security
- 3-10 years of working experience with Linux/Unix (desktop and server), network configuration, firewall configuration, system maintenance, and system compliance
- minimum of 3 years of experience with scripting (Bash/Python)
- Experience with containers (docker) and virtualization (Xen, VMware, VirtualBox)
- Experience with orchestration technologies (Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Experience with networking concepts (DNS,DHCP,SSL,VPN,TCP/IP)
- Experience in test engineering (testing methodologies, CI/CD)
- Experience in troubleshooting in a multi-user, high availability environment
- Experience in maintaining inventory and tracking IT assets
- Experience in computer repair (desktop and server), troubleshooting, configuration, deployment, and liquidation
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze a problem independently
- Self-motivated to solve complex problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work successfully with limited supervision
- Current DoD TS clearance
- Experience with system architecture and system design modeling tools
- Experience conducting technical trade studies and assessments
- TS/SCI Clearance
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector—from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)