To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Redstone Arsenal, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Database Administrator Senior
Chenega Corporation • Redstone Arsenal, AL
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
CHENEGA TECHNICAL INNOVATIONS, LLC
Company Job Title:
Database Administrator Senior
Redstone Arsenal, Alabama
Exempt, Full Time, Regular
The Database Administrator Senior supports developers, maintains and configures databases, and develops standard procedures.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor databases daily to ensure that each database is performing efficiently and is available to PEO-EIS
- Monitor daily database space, Central Processing Unit (CPU) resource allocation, and reallocate resources to meet Government specified resource criteria
- Monitor and evaluate database and software problems to determine cause. Coordinate problem identifications and resolutions with personnel
- Write, modify, and execute UNIX shell scripts and Structured Query Language (SQL) scripts to perform routine and special system procedures
- Support developers for all database-related tools and problems as required
- Maintain and configure database (SQL)*Net Transmission Control Protocols/Internet Protocols (CP/IP) to ensure connectivity to the PEO-EIS Oracle databases
- Maintain standard SQL*Net configuration files across PEO-EIS database systems
- Develop standard procedures for creating database user logins
- Create, remove, and disable database user logins and grant database access as requested by PEO-EIS Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM)
- Create and maintain security documentation IAW Army and DoD Regulations
- Perform routine exports and backups/retention of PEO-EIS databases as defined by system requirements
- Develop backup procedures and ensure backup validity by testing database restores IAW PEO-EIS requirements and DoD and Army regulations
- Monitor export logs daily to ensure backups/exports are executed properly
- Install, configure and maintain Oracle replication and disaster recovery solutions
- Maintain data files and document procedures involved in performing the aforementioned tasks
- May be required to oversee or train junior staff
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required
- 10 years direct relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of education; combined total of 16 years for education and experiance
- Possess Baseline and Full Computing Environment Certifications for IAT-II IAW DoD 8570.01-M and BBP 05-PR-M-0002
- Requires Secret clearance
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to efficiently and effectively identify and solve project issues
- Must possess the ability to multi-task and prioritize in fast paced environment
- Must possess the ability to work independently
- Able to communicate effectively in writing and orally
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.