You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Senior Account Claims Adjuster - General Liability & Commercial Auto - Remote
Investigates, evaluates and resolves General Liability and Automobile claims for self-insured clients. Provides a superior level of customer service to internal and external business partners. Administers and resolves claims in a timely manner and in accordance with client, company and regulatory guidelines. This position is typically assigned claims of higher loss exposures, coverage issues and includes a pending of litigated files.
- Promptly investigates all assigned claims for coverage, liability assessment, damages evaluation and subrogation/contribution. Ensures timely disposition of all claims in accordance with regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Within granted authority, establishes appropriate loss and expense reserves with documented rationale. Maintains and adjusts reserves over the life of the claim to reflect changes in exposure. Notifies appropriate claim management when exposure exceeds authority. Negotiates claims resolution within granted authority.
- Establishes and executes appropriate action plans for claim resolution including loss cost management.
- Comply with special handling guidelines of client
- Works collaboratively with internal and external business partners in investigating and reaching appropriate disposition of all claims.
- Selects and manages service vendors in accordance with company and client special handling guidelines.
- Maintains a strong working knowledge of regulatory and jurisdictional requirements.
- Demonstrates technical proficiency through timely, consistent execution of best claim practices and established claims handling guidelines.
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers on claims and account issues.
- Maintain and manage a diary system and claim pending to efficiently and effectively resolve all claims.
- Effectively manage litigation process and defense counsel to ensured timely and cost effective outcomes.
- Prepares and submits claim status and excess reports to client and their excess carrier(s)
- Demonstrate commitment to Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, and apply knowledge of compliance policies and procedures, standards and laws applicable to job responsibilities in the performance of work.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience handling General Liability and Commercial Auto claims required. Additional Professional Liability and/or Property experience a plus.
- Familiarity with coverage, negligence principles, investigation and negotiation techniques.
- Adjuster licensing and experience in multiple states.
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and exercise good judgment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Computer literacy, including working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Attention To Detail
- Claim Processing
- Computer Literacy
- Customer Service
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 3784
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.