To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New Castle, IN 47362
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Retail Pharmacy Technician
Cardinal Health • New Castle, IN
Posted 26 days ago
Cardinal Health Innovative Delivery Solutions
With over 45 years of experience in helping hundreds of hospital and outpatient pharmacies, we provide access to best practice strategies and tactics to control costs, improve workflow and enhance safety. Cardinal Health Innovative Delivery Solutions is one of the largest employers of acute-care pharmacist in the United States. Cardinal Health is the employer of choice for pharmacists because we offer a variety of career opportunities in pharmacy leadership, clinical specialties, remote order entry, business management, medication therapy management and more.
Pharmacy Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30AM - 7:00PM, Saturday 8:30 - 2:00PM, Sunday 11:00AM - 1:00PM
Retail Pharmacy Technician
Cardinal Health is looking for a highly motivated technician to work in a retail contract pharmacy. Our technicians play an important role in delivering medication and pharmaceutical care to patients. This includes developing close relationships with patients in communities we serve and assisting the pharmacists in accurately preparing and delivering prescription medication.
- Maintain professional working relationships at all times, with the pharmacy personnel, physicians, nurses, and other medical personnel.
- Understand that the requirements of working in a pharmacy are varied and may change as demands on the department change.
- Be available to the customer/patients at all times.
- Maintain friendly and helpful attitude at all times when dealing with customers.
- Maintains a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Organizes medications for pharmacist to dispense by profiling prescriptions; preparing labels and calculating quantities
- Ensures medication availability by delivering medications to patients and ordering when needed
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- High school degree or equivalent
- Registration in state in which the position is located (if applicable)
- PTCB Certification or ability to get certified within 180 days of employment
- At least 2 years with retail pharmacy technician related experience
- Strong customer service skills
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.