To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
3750 Priority Way South Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46240
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr Accounts Payable Specialist
DEFENDERS • Indianapolis, IN
Posted 19 days ago
This role is the lead resource to the Accounts Payable team and accounting department. They are
responsible for ensuring AP invoices are paid within vendor terms; month is closed timely and expenses
are coded correctly.
Senior Accounts Payable Specialists will be responsible for one of two primary Accounts Payable functions
outlined below and may be asked to assist in other AP areas or perform other duties as assigned.
- Enter all coded and approved invoices into accounting software
- Prepare payment batches to vendors
- Receive, date and distribute invoices to the correct department for approval
- Process employee expense reports and check requests
- Analyze expense accounts for proper coding at month end
- Prepare AP month end accruals
- Coordinator of offsite storage at Iron Mountain
- Create and update departmental SOP’s as necessary
- Support manager and other team members as needed
- Assist with special projects as requested
- Review vendor statements to verify all invoices are accounted for and paid within vendor terms
- 1099 preparation and filing with the IRS
- Manage incentive and refund work flow
- Enter marketing invoices and defer over the proper periods in to accounting software
- Coordinate month end close with marketing department
- Process payments to vendors; including uploading ACH and positive pay files to bank
- Receive, date and distribute invoices to the correct business manager for approval
- Manage customer incentive and refund work flow
- Integrate permit invoices in to accounting software and process checks to appropriate
- Review vendor statements to verify all invoices are accounted for and within vendor terms
- Ensure marketing SOP’s are kept current
Background and Minimum Years Experience:
- Education - High school diploma or bachelors preferred
- 5-7 years experience in an Accounts Payable department
- Organized and able to prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment
- Intermediate Excel experience
- Experience with Great Plains a plus
- Must complete and pass a pre-employment/drug background check
- If found to be qualified for the next step of our process, you may receive an email and/or text message from our DEFENDERS Talent Attraction team #CB1