Performs accounting, financial analysis, administrative and organizational tasks that are necessary to the operations of the Wallops Institutional Consolidated Contract (WICC) at Wallops Flight Facility, Wallops Island, VA. Provides data collection and reporting through the use of contract tracking and reporting systems, spreadsheets and databases. Assignments also include planning and research.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Serves as key member of business management and finance department.
• Performs financial/administrative reporting.
• Provides forecasts, reports, and analysis for assigned programs and contracts.
• Perform special analysis of major issues as required and recommend solutions to business issues.
• Determine business issues that require special analysis and perform that analysis.
• Evaluate processes and identify improvements.
• Maintain documented reports supporting financial forecasts used in the rate and budget area.
• Respond to date and budget questions and provide explanations to ensure management understanding.
• Ensure compliance with corporate financial procedures and DAR/FAR government regulations.
• Act in partnership with project managers, contracts, accounting and human resources to ensure proper cost accumulation occurs.
• Assign and create new Deltek job and work breakdown structure numbers.
• Prepare travel expense reports for Management and Employees when required.
• Review travel expense reports for proper general ledger and job cost coding.
• Ensure proper setup of staff to charge job and setup of job categories.
• Create or review/approve all customer invoices prior to submission.
• Ensure quality and timely complex contractual financial deliverables.
• Maintains accurate financial records, using Microsoft Excel to verify data.
• Prepare timely IDIQ cost estimates.
• Research and close out IDIQ task orders.
• Performs financial and administrative tasks as required with minimal supervision.
• Other duties as assigned by Business Office Manager & Program Manager
- Master’s degree in business or related field & with a minimum of 4 years of experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Finance, Economics, or Business Management or a related field and 8 years’ experience in budget development
- Associates Degree in business or related field and 13 years of experience.
- In lieu of a formal education, 15 years of related experience may be substituted.
- Proficiency in Excel is mandatory.
Excellent computer and communication skills are mandatory
Business To Business