Director Labor Relations
The Director, Labor Relations will be an integral part of the Areas USA team. As the leader of our labor relations function, you will participate in the negotiation and interpretation of our collective bargaining agreements, which cover a broad range of employees in our concepts. The leader in this role will create and implement the labor strategy, direction, processes, training and counsel to the organization. Additionally, will partner with HRBP's/Managers in the grievance procedures and represent the company during mediations. Strong collaboration with our legal department.
What you will do
- Lead negotiator for collective bargaining sessions and extraordinary meetings
- Plan and develop the strategy for labor negotiations and business operations
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to manage the economics of labor contracts including the analysis of financial related data.
- Advise company on the interpretation of labor relations, policies and practices.
- Create and train managers on labor practices including preparation with collective bargaining agreements
- Drive the quarterly labor review
- Partner with the Business Development team
- Keep current on changes to relevant labor and employment laws and regulations, and advise managers and business leaders on the same
- Draft position statements and coordinate with outside counsel in responding to unfair labor practice charges, discrimination complaints and other claims against the company
- Work with inside or outside counsel on labor
- Assist with various complex and/or sensitive projects, as assigned.
Who You Are
- Sense of urgency
- Demonstrated business savvy to effectively communicate and work with other executives in support of achieving business goals.
- Have good judgment, a high level of professional integrity and the discretion to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships at all levels of the organization
- Effectively communicate and build relationships with union representatives
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to make process improvements
- Willing to travel 20-30% for negotiations.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field of study is required
- An Advanced Degree such an MBA, JD or Master's in Industrial Relations is preferred.
- 8 years' experience in labor relations
- Experience with Food and beverage industry preferred
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
Process Improvements (Business)
Master Of Business Administration (Mba)