This position works with our Public Relations Department. Experience with Public Relations is key to be successful in this position.
Ensure that WGU, its affiliates, colleges and systems entities have positive awareness and reputation through:
• Social media strategic planning and implementation.
• Proactive planning that supports reputation enhancement.
• Content creation, including articles, web copy, press releases, social media content, speeches, presentations, and newsletters.
• Thought leadership initiatives.
• Agency and vendor management.
• Social media tracking and reporting
• Support for promotional events, campaigns, and activities that support new student acquisition.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, journalism, or related field.
• 5-8 years of experience in social media including internships.
• Higher education experience preferred.
• Strong knowledge of best practices for social media channels, including, but not limited to: Ability to work effectively with all external audiences as well as WGU staff at all levels.
• Outstanding writing skills and ability to write effectively for different audiences.
• Understanding of and ability to develop relationships with media.
• Ability to work independently, conceptualize projects, and manage multiple priorities.
• Ability to perform creative writing and related activities such as conducting interviews, research, and editing.
• Ability to work calmly and maintain good judgment in a fast-paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial environment.
• Ability to understand and interpret information accurately.
• Ability to communicate accurately and concisely.
• Ability to influence others positively.
• Ability to initiate creative and innovative promotional ideas.
• Demonstrated skill and ability in the use of social media, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn
• Demonstrated skill and ability in the effective use of equipment, computers and other resources for completion of projects such as posters, displays, PowerPoints, etc.
• Self-direction and reliability.
• Excellent communication, collaboration, and customer service skills.
Special Position Requirements
• Some travel may be required to support events such as commencement.