St. John’s Regional Medical Center, located in Oxnard, California is a recognized as a Top 250 Hospital in the Nation and as one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care by Healthgrades. St. John’s Regional is a part of Dignity Health’s Southern California Division and is a member of CommonSpirit Health, the largest not-for-profit health care system in the nation, boasting an integrated network of top quality hospitals, with physicians from the most prestigious medical schools, and comprehensive outpatient services - all recognized for quality, safety, and service. Each hospital is supported by an active philanthropic Foundation to help meet the growing health care needs of our communities. Learn more at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Custodial Maintenance Worker.Responsibilities
In keeping with the Dignity Health philosophy, performs a variety of cleaning tasks necessary to maintain and improve the appearance and sanitary conditions of all campuses
This position is represented by SEIU-UHW and is covered by the terms and conditions of the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
- Housekeeping experience utilizing basic housekeeping practices and procedures, proper handling/disposal of infectious waste, and proper safety skills in handling of housekeeping chemicals.
- Acute healthcare work experience involving the use of heavy equipment such as buffers, extractors, wide area vacuums, and wet vacuums
- Ability to converse, comprehend and communicate verbally in English
- Ability to work tactfully and effectively with team members, patient and visitors
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of issues and materials designed as such
- English Language
- Heavy Equipment