The Mortgage Loan Originator is responsible for loan preparation, evaluation, processing and successfully closing of properties in assigned market. The position will counsel customers and answer their questions regarding mortgage loan interest rates, terms, and programs being offered.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze and interprets customer's financial statements, tax returns and loan applications with consideration of underwriting guidelines and loan programs
- Analyze current rates and programs to provide accurate and timely information to customers
- Keep informed on trends and developments in the local real estate market, as well as the changing rules and regulations
- Direct, written and telephone contact with title companies, customers, insurance agents, mortgage insurance companies and other Mortgage teammates as necessary.
- Identify prospective customers through self-sourcing
- Advise new and existing customers on various loan programs based on the customers' financial needs
- Build relationships and network to generate business and assist customers with loan decisions
- Conduct thorough follow up to prospective clients
- Provide award-winning customer service to customers in assigned location
- Close sales and advise customers of next steps
- Stay current on new products available for customers, completing ongoing education for licensing
- Minimum of 2 years of related professional experience
- Certification/Licensing: Origination licensing requirements of state and federal agencies
- Register and Maintain a unique identifier with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS), as required by SAFE Mortgage Licensing Act.
- Consistent record of accomplishment in originating loans, meeting sales goals and building relationships inside and outside the organization
- Experience with full government loans, conventional loans, 203K and title improvement loans (title improvement loans experience is preferred but not mandatory)
YOU NEED TO BE ABLE TO:
- Present and articulate terms and conditions of loans to customers
- Manage personal pipeline to ensure service levels and financial goals are met
- Transact business in conformance with state and federal regulations such as, but not limited to, RESPA, HMDA and Fair Lending Practices
- Strong communication, listening and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask, problem solve and efficiently manage time in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledgeable with computers and applicable software
- Team player with the ability to thrive in a structured and competitive environment
- Be a self-starter with a hands-off management approach
- Negotiation Skills
- Strong analytical and mathematical abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High level of integrity and trust
- Strong desire to succeed
- Professional demeanor and attire
- Enjoy a bank that is in growth mode that has an excellent culture. Be a part of a very relaxed environment as opposed to a stressful environment.
Contact information: Email blocked - click to apply or 605.679.9475
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 29 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.
Transaction Processing (Business)