The Systems Administrator I (DevOps) is responsible for collaborating with our Development and Operational teams to develop CI-CD pipelines, automate tasks and support our efforts in agile development. In this role you will develop custom scripts, integrate tools, document processes, and help to streamline the software development life cycle.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ability to identify issues with deployment and management systems in a timely manner. Conduct basic investigation and follow standards to resolve or escalate. Monitor systems to optimize performance and uptime.
- Collaborate with Software Development and Operational teams.
- Assist with the development and design of software lifecycle automation.
- Perform basic troubleshooting and problem solving both independently as well as with the help of other support resources with least impact to business performance. Be available for providing after-hours/weekend/holiday production support when called upon. May provide support on a 24-hour basis by participating in the on-call rotation.
- Required to learn and use good time management skills to complete assigned tasks. Work with more senior team members and vendors to ensure stakeholders are informed and provided timely updates and resolutions.
- Able to understand the concepts of container management automation. Possess the aptitude and the willingness to learn and grow understanding of the systems supported.
- Present the ability to work on multiple priorities. Seek guidance where applicable to help prioritize multiple priorities. Ability to take and follow direction
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbal and written technical and non-technical communication. Uses good business judgment and communications to keep IS Management informed.
- A positive attitude, good teamwork, professionalism & interpersonal skills, proactively seeking solutions, taking initiative where necessary.
SKILLS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Understanding of shell scripting and programming.
- A general understanding of common tools and platforms. Preferably SCM (git), CI/CD tools (Jenkins/Gitlab), OpenShift.
- Knowledge of Configuration management tools such as Ansible and Terraform.
- Working knowledge of Source Control Management tools (Git, Github, Gitlab, Perforce).
- Basic ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Linux System Administration skills – basic cli, package management, system, permissions, etc.
- Basic system security knowledge (TLS, certificates).
- Knowledge of containers, Kubernetes, and helm/templates.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences (verbally and written).
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with business associates.
- Basic technical writing skills for maintaining relevant documentation.
- Assist with meeting service levels
- Willing to learn how technology impacts business performance
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field -or- in lieu of degree 2+ years relevant experience
- 2+ Years of experience with CI/CD pipelines, containerization, and orchestration technologies
This is a summary of the primary accountabilities and requirements for this position. The company reserves the right to modify or amend accountabilities and requirements at anytime at its sole discretion based on business needs. Any part of this job description is subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and veterans.