To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- McQueeney, TX 78123
- Zoe Martin
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Republic Plastics • McQueeney, TX
Posted 7 days ago
The Extrusion Machine Operator works at the direction of the Production Senior Lead and the Production Supervisor to ensure that the company safely and efficiently produces the highest quality products. This person is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of all thermoforming and/or extrusion production equipment and performing minor repairs as directed or trained. Actively and professionally trains less experienced full time and temporary associates in order to meet and exceed the company's production needs
Position Responsibilities / Job Duties:
- Observe, follow and model all safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Operates thermoforming, extrusion, packaging, and material handling equipment as required in a safe and professional manner.
- May serve as acting-Production Senior Lead when the Production Senior Lead is not on the floor.
- Required to be the "leader" of his/her machine and drive the company's core principles, Safety, Quality, and Productivity.
- Directly lead and coach less experienced full time and temporary associates.
- Report to appropriate management personnel any policy violations, safety incidents, quality issues or other similar facts and circumstances that could either put other employees and/or the Company in jeopardy.
- Demonstrate equipment operations, work and safety procedures to new Associates, or assign Associates to experienced associates for training.
- Model appropriate and acceptable safety behaviors for associates by, for example, using all required personal protective equipment, performing job tasks in a safe manner, and following all safety practices and procedures.
- Maintains a clean working environment daily and conducts housekeeping audits.
- Work in a team environment led and directed by the Production Senior Lead, Production Supervisor and/or the Operations Manager.
- General knowledge of mechanical and process troubleshooting.
- Continuous and willingness to learn the process.
- Thoroughly understands the production process as it pertains to thermoforming and/or extrusion to produce the highest quality parts.
- Conducts daily audits of process equipment by visually inspecting and testing machinery and production equipment.
- Conducts regular quality checks on manufactured product according to specifications.
- Monitors machines or equipment for alarms, indicators, and or unusual sounds to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with the Thermoforming Senior Lead and/or Technical Lead to diagnose problem or repair machine.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts, as required by position assignment.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Work with other team members to complete tasks and achieve department goals.
- Follow instructions and directions provided by Production Senior Leads, Production Supervisors, the Operations Manager and/or other members of management.
- Accurately retrieves, prepares, and labels all applicable product, materials, supplies and scrap.
- Accurately completes all paper forms/inspections
- May be required to be certified to operate a forklift and/or perform some duties of a Material Handler.
- Follow, comply with and model all company rules, policies and directives, including the Associate Handbook.
- Attend work as scheduled and/or requested by Production Senior Leads, Production Supervisors, the Operations Manager and/or other members of management.
This list of job duties is not all-encompassing. Associates will be expected to perform all other duties that will be assigned as necessary.
- General Physical Requirements - The ability to stand, walk, hear, and smell. The ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Lifting - The ability to occasionally lift and or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
- Vision and Hearing - Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. In addition, good hearing is required.
- Manual Dexterity - The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Multi-limb Coordination - The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one arm and one leg) while sitting, standing, or lying down. It does not involve performing the activities while the whole body is in motion.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Strength - The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without 'giving out' or fatiguing.
- Trunk Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Speech Recognition - The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Speech Clarity - The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Selective Attention - The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
- Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem only recognizing that there is a problem.
- Language Skills - Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English as required for work and business related purposes. Must also be able to write and communicate in English in simple correspondence and to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other associates as required for work-related tasks. Must also be able to understand and converse in English during emergencies and circumstances or situations where associates must be able to communicate to ensure the safety of themselves, other associates, and/or company property.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Learning Strategies - Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Decision making - When trying to make a good decision, a person must weigh the positives and negatives of each option, and consider all the alternatives. For effective decision making, a person must be able to forecast the outcome of each option as well, and based on these items, determine which option is best for the particular situation.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others. Must have the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities and projects.
- Instructing - Teaching others how to do something.
- Positive Attitude - A mental attitude that interprets situations and events as being best or optimized.
- Interpersonal Skills - The ability to take and direction and constructive criticism from peers, supervisors, and management while maintaining a positive outlook and attitude.
- HS Diploma or GED Required
- Must have basic knowledge / work experience in Extrusion, in accordance with job assignment, which includes equipment (technical and operational), procedures, quality standards and safety requirements.
- Must be able to set up a line from start to finish and produce a quality product.
- Computer Skills: Basic computer knowledge, including, but not limited to, the ability to use the company's intranet and production software, including analysis and entry of data as required.
- Language Skills: The ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English. Ability to write in English simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other associates of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills: The ability to apply concepts such as addition, subtraction, division, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. The Associate must have the ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The Associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The Associate will be exposed to high-pressure operating systems, including water, air, molten plastics and butane. The Associate will be exposed to temperatures and atmospheric conditions typical of a manufacturing environment, including excessively warm or cold temperatures.
- Must be able to pass a Background Check, Drug Test & Physical (Company paid)
- Reliable Transportation to work every day
- Stable Employment History
- The ability to work in a non-climate controlled Manufacturing / Production Facility that is hot in temperature
What we offer:
- Monthly Bonus Potential - Performance based
- Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Vacation, 401k, etc.)
- Career Development & Ongoing Training
- Competitive pay w/ Performance reviews
- Positive work Environment / Teamwork focused
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of Republic Plastics is to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. Republic Plastics hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled