SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
This position will be based at 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036
Associate Director – Quality Control: Private Equity Fund Accounting and Portfolio Administration: will lead a team responsible for quality control reviews, proper application of accounting principles to complex transactions, and financial reporting for private equity fund and portfolio administration clients.
The Associate Director will be responsible for a broad spectrum of financial and accounting matters affecting our Private Equity clients. The Associate Director should have a strong background in accounting for alternative investment funds, with a focus on private equity, as well as excellent financial reporting skills. Additionally, the Associate Director is responsible for exercising sound judgment regarding the proper application of accounting principles to complex transactions, interacting with fund accounting and portfolio administration teams across our global business, and managing a quality control team tasked with the review of client deliverables.
Perform top-level, quality control reviews of investor capital events, such as capital calls, subsequent close true-ups/re-balance, and distributions.
- Perform control reviews on Portfolio Administration deliverables.
- Review distribution waterfall (carried interest) models, in keeping with applicable fund terms.
- Provide quality control review and commentary on monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and notes disclosures, as well as investor capital account statements, investor ad hoc requests, etc.
- Perform ongoing accounting research, including monitoring changes in generally accepted accounting principles for funds and investment companies and communicating these to the global business.
- Design and maintain review procedures, checklists, other documentation and correspondence.
- Continuously evaluate the effectiveness of our review procedures; develop processes to expedite reviews, increase accuracy, and identify risk.
- Coordinate and prioritize deliverable timelines with staff.
- Participate in new business discussions with prospects and existing clients, to promote the value-added service that is provided by the quality control team.
- Prepare and maintain goals, career development plans, and performance appraisals for all direct reports.
- Help develop and support targeted, continuing education for all direct reports;
- Partner with the corporate training to design and roll-out of private equity related training courses.
- Work with internal IT team(s) to improve efficiencies in the quality control review workflow through use of the available technology.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
- CPA designation a plus.
- 10+ years experience in accounting, with a focus on alternative investment funds – private equity and real estate experience a plus; audit and/or fund administration experience, a plus.
- Knowledge of US GAAP, with an emphasis on investment companies/partnerships is required.
- Knowledge of other comprehensive basis of accounting principles, Luxembourg GAAP, and IFRS a plus.
- Familiarity with preparing/reviewing private equity fund deliverables, throughout the fund lifecycle: capital calls, distributions, management fee calculations, carried interest/waterfall calculations, financial and investor reporting, etc.
- Demonstrated prior hands-on management experience; strong leadership skills and ability to develop team members.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage tight internal and client deadlines.
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent analytical skills and solid attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including written, speaking, listening, and presentation skills.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.
SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan.
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
International Financial Reporting Standards
Other Comprehensive Basis Of Accounting
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles