Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group
is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum
– a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group
a Fortune 5 leader.Optum
helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.Primary Responsibilities:
- Responsible for direct leadership of 2 - 3 Retail Pharmacy teams providing customer service support for customers. Will provide leadership for 2 - 3 direct reports and total staff of 80.
- Responsible for growth and development of direct reports and department staff.
- Participates in the development of strategic plans and business objectives as they relate to long - term infrastructure needs and policies, and assists management in establishing priorities.
- Establishes policies, procedures and standards pertaining to the assigned department.
- Oversees the daily operations and delivery of services of the Customer Services department.
- Analyzes, prioritizes and resolves internal problems by identifying key issues, anticipating potential problems, and responding appropriately to the situation.
- Gathers and analyzes statistical referral, service and financial departmental data to assess status and trends.
- Prepares and distributes required monthly reports.
- Represents the organization to outside vendors and customers.
- Directs staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees, and planning, monitoring and appraising job results.
- Works collaboratively with all departments as needed to support departmental goals and values.
- Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality under requirements of federal and state law, including HIPAA, and in accordance with Optum Policy.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of leadership and / or supervisory experience
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time (no guarantee of travel)
- Ability to work standard business hours, Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM
- Leadership experience with teams in excess of 40 people
is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do.
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, OptumRx, healthcare, customer service, manager