To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
201 South Biscayne Boulevard
Miami, FL 33131
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Inpatient Consultant Pharmacist- Remote-Orlando,FL- Miami,FL
VITAS Healthcare • Miami, FL
Posted 15 hours ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
Responsible for maintaining compliance with all local, state and federal regulations regarding medication storage within hospice inpatient units in the State of Florida while also performing consultative duties to analyze, control and improve medication utilization. Ideal candidate will be able to work anywhere from Orlando, FL to Miami, FL
- Serve as consultant of record (COR) on all company-owned State pharmacy permits
- Complete monthly visits to maintain compliance with COR duties and responsibilities as outlined in State regulations
- Complete quarterly and annual review meetings with necessary administrative personnel to review operational, utilization and quality measures.
- Manage inpatient clinical pharmacy programs according to policies and regulations
- Review records of patients to determine the appropriateness and cost-effectiveness of medication therapy
- Collaborate with nursing and medical leadership on improvements to operational, clinical, and functional performance
- Implement new pharmacy systems as required
- Facilitate legal disposal of medications where necessary
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- Minimum 5 years of training and practical experience as a consultant pharmacist in the State of Florida
- Hospice and/or palliative care experience strongly preferred
- Experience with automated dispensing technology (i.e. Omnicell®, Pyxis®) strongly preferred
- Excellent understanding of pharmaceutical therapy and direct patient care
- Extensive knowledge of drug administration techniques and alternative routes of administration
- Aptitude in problem-solving and decision-making
- Background in cost-effectiveness evaluation is a plus
- Ability to work on various assignments simultaneously
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills within all levels of the organization
- Ability to navigate within automated systems and proficiency in Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to travel 25-50% of time to sites in Florida
- Must be located in Florida within driving distance to the Orlando Metro area and Dade/Broward Counties
- Doctorate degree in Pharmacy from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent required.
- Valid, current State of Florida consultant pharmacist permit