To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Winder, GA 30680
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Occupational Health Nurse
Johns Manville • Winder, GA
Posted 24 days ago
Are you a Registered Nurse with a passion for Occupational Health? We are excited for an Occupational Health Nurse to join our Winder, GA team. This is a very exciting position where you will be the onsite nurse. This position is instrumental to the team's safety. The Occupational Health Nurse will help manage all aspects of safety, injuries, near misses, and more. In this role, you will work closely with the EH&S team on a variety of medical management activities, drug testing, hearing testing, respirator fit, employee advocacy, training, case management and more. The Occupational Health Nurse will be responsible for the development and administration of efficient and professional operations of occupational health services in accordance with company policies, practices, procedures, and applicable regulations to achieve the desired goals and objectives. This position will be responsible for all aspects of occupational health services at the site.
- Manage and lead the Hearing Conservation Program, including audiograms and subsequent follow-up, communications, STS monitoring, and employee education/refitting/retraining.
- Manage the Respiratory Protection Program to include Pulmonary Function Tests, Fit Tests and annual retraining.
- Partner with the Winder Team to develop and implement safety procedures in support of safety goals.
- Nurse case management of work-related injuries with documentation; accompanying employees to medical appointments; recheck of employees; communications with the Winder Team.
- Assist in supporting the EHS Incident Reporting system.
- Develop and implement Plant-Based wellness activities.
- Provide regular/seasonal employee health programs such as flu shots, smoking cessation, etc.
- Partner with the EHS Manager in managing the Functional Capacity Exam program
- Provide nurse case management for Return to Work programs, ADA and FMLA compliance
- Train JM Emergency Responders in C.P.R./First Aid and A.E.D. usage.
- Partner with site leadership in driving employee health components of safety programs.
- Monitor substance abuse procedures including administration of pre-hire testing, post incident testing, random testing, and assisting employees who come forward for treatment.
- Partner with the EHS Manager to implement a management system that includes plan developments and audits.
- Partner with the EHS Manager to review and revise existing health and safety plans and procedures as required.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable health regulations and requirements as codified in state and federal OSHA regulations.
- Registered or Occupational Nurse (license in good standing)
- 3 or more years of Occupational Nursing experience
- General knowledge of workers compensation specifically as it relates to case management
- Experience with hearing conservation and respiratory programs
- Experience maintaining compliance with safety programs
- General knowledge of OSHA (health related requirements and regulations)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Ability to be on call 24/7
- Ability to travel up to 5%
- Ability to climb stairs, be exposed to extreme temperatures hot and cold, extensive walking, and the ability to lift up to 25lbs
- Manufacturing (union environment, heavy industrial)
- Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Collaboration skills
- Experience delivering training
- Ergonomics experience