At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Chicago, Minneapolis, Miami, Boca Raton, Nashville
As a Transaction Diligence Manager focused on the Health Sciences & Wellness (HS&W) sector, you will be part of a One EY cross-service line team that is passionate about helping our healthcare and life sciences clients execute transactions, achieve their full potential, and deliver on their mission. You will have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of cross service line engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That is how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager in Transaction Diligence Health Sciences & Wellness (HS&W) sector, you will be a vital member of the team managing and executing financial diligence project work. You'll be focused on analyzing financial data and identifying key trends behind the performance of a business, discussing business performance and forecast assumptions with senior team management, and helping to write reports that set out our findings and recommendations around the key financial and business issues in a transaction. You will also be helping develop staff and seniors ensuring their career development.
Skills and attributes for success
- Handling financial due diligence engagements.
- Analyze financial and operational results of businesses to be acquired or sold through reviewing accounting records and conducting interviews with management.
- Assist clients in the preparation of SEC filings.
- Identifying negotiation factors for purchase price and deal structuring.
- Constantly researching industry trends and technologies, as well as seasonality and cyclicality on cash flow requirements to provide knowledge and insight to clients.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Healthcare diligence/consulting experience with providers and/or payers is strongly preferred; audit experience will also be considered if no diligence experience
- Bachelor's degree and approximately 5 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 4 years of related work experience
- Degree in accounting, business, or finance preferred
- Experience consisting of a total of at least 2+ years of relevant external audit experience in a public accounting firm and/or mergers and acquisitions transactions experience, of which at least 12 months are relevant external audit experience in a public accounting firm
- CPA certification or equivalents or successfully passed all (4) sections of the Uniform CPA exam
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Dedication to teamwork, a strong work initiative and the ability to adapt to new challenges
- Willingness and ability to travel, when necessary
Ideally you'll also have
- A proven record of excellence in a mergers or acquisitions transactions role.
- Experience gained within another large professional services organization.
- Established networking skills in a relevant industry.
What we look for
We're interested in talented professionals with the ability to visualize our clients' goals and think creatively to facilitate them - often in politically charged environments. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, and a genuine passion for taking on new challenges, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Strategy and Transactions - Transaction Diligence Manager - Health Sciences & Wellness - Multi Loc.