Our Paper-Packaging/Supplier client in Portland, Oregon is looking for an Accounts Payable Clerk to assist their Accounting department. Experience is required for AS400 software system and Microsoft Excel (VLookups for example). This role is eligible for Kelly Services Contractor benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision coverage.
Role is Monday-Friday, 9am-5:30pm and the pay rate is $20-23.00/hr. Contract is set to last through the end of April 2020
Typical Job duties include (but are not limited to):
- Performs a range of general clerical, accounting and bookkeeping support functions in an organization. Resolves routine questions and problems.
- Works under direct supervision and follows standard procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Major Duties and Responsibilities: Assist in month end reporting procedures Assist in conducting journal entries, during month-end closing Process accounts payables Audit scale tickets paying attention to detail is required Operate the scaling of trucks as needed Perform filing and general administrative tasks
- General Accounts Payable Functions: Check, verify, and process invoices Prepare accounts payable data for vendors and freight carriers in AS400 system Analyze discrepancies and unpaid invoices Maintain vendor files Competencies: Customer Orientation Ability to operate with the customer s and vendor s best interest in mind Capability to pay close attention to detail Microsoft Excel proficiency is essential to the role formulas such as VLOOKUP; SUMIFS, along with other general formulas are used very often Ability to construct a comprehensive email, with limited grammatical errors is required Ethics Integrity: Behaves in accordance with the company's values and operating principles at all times.
- Takes action based upon the best interest of the Company rather than how it affects him/her personally. Collaboration: Working effectively with others in the organization outside the line of formal authority such as peers in other units or senior management to accomplish organizational goals and to identify and resolve problems.
- Communication Skills: Communicate daily with all appropriate personnel, complete written reports as required on a timely basis Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning.
Must-have job requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED, Associates or Bachelor's Degree is a strong plus
- 2-3 years of accounting or accounts payable experience
- Expert in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience with AS400 software
- Effective communications skills, in writing and verbally.
- Experience in the use of computer systems
If interested in this position- please apply online through Indeed.com, CareerBuilder, or the Kelly Career Network (KCNi). If you would like to follow up to your application, please allow for 24-hours to process, and then reach out to the National Corporate Recruiter, Bryan Jones, via email at URL blocked - click to apply.
With Kelly®, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 99 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 11,000 scientific professionals last year.
As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
- Weekly pay and service bonus plans
- Group- rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
You pursued a career in health science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place.
Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping
you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ
each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a
leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable
a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety
of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females,
individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. URL blocked - click to apply
Packaging And Labeling