Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you're helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
The Credit Analyst is responsible for monitoring credit exposure across the firm's margin portfolio. This individual ensures compliance with standard regulations and policies and applies complete knowledge, skills, and practices to perform assignments.
What will you do?
* Perform credit reviews as needed on PCG and C&C retail accounts and provide recommendations that meet RBC Capital Markets requirements
* Identify, assess, and communicate risk using appropriate written and verbal methods for all levels of internal and external audiences. Take corrective action as needed
* Query and analyze large data sets to create accurate analyses and/or reports to quantify and communicate credit risk exposure
* Review negotiated interest rate requests, prepare recommendations, and obtain appropriate approvals as required
* Serve as a subject matter expert for margin inquiries
* Prepare and analyze internal department reports. Review and distribute regulatory and financial reports
* Collaborate with the Margin Department to enforce policies as required
* Interact with various departments to prepare risk analysis reviews and recommendations for identified areas of concern
What do you need to succeed?
* Bachelor's degree, preferably with a concentration in finance, economics, mathematics, data analytics, statistics, or a related discipline
* 2-4 years of experience in credit or financial analysis experience in the financial services industry
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software including Access and Excel
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Prior experience with margin or other securities based lending
* Experience with data mining and modeling
* Proficient in the use of SAP Business Objects; SQL; Bloomberg; Factset
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
* A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
* Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
* Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
* Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
* Flexible work/life balance options
* Opportunities to do challenging work
* Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
* Access to a variety of job opportunities across business
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States of America
United States of America
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
- Big Data
- Capital Markets
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)
- Data Analysis