GDIT is seeking a well versed Senior Solutions / Systems Architect to join our team to help grow our Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and in particular focus at the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). As a senior systems architect, you will provide technical leadership to drive the technical solution innovation and system utilization. This position begins with the Prototype for a single customer has the potential to grow into a high-visibility position will provide broad cross-domain and cross-disciplinary expertise in ensuring the organization is strategic in future enterprise application and system thought as well as applying best industry best practices in system planning, implementation and innovation.
This is a remote position; however, commuting distance within the DC/Rockville, MD area is required
- Work with other business units to understand long-term system vision and create the technical implementation strategy to ensure scalability and long-term organization growth.
- Help clarify requirements, and proposing solutions that meet business milestones as well as directing the technical implementations.
- Lead technical solution strategy throughout the Capture, Proposal and Prototype lifecycle.
- Engage current and prospective customers to understand critical needs, socialize and vet solutions, and advise on strategies to shape acquisitions that achieve desired results
- Identify and select the best technical solutions and approaches to meet anticipated or actual acquisition requirements
- Lead solution design and the development of key artifacts including, but not limited to architectural models, process diagrams, concepts of operation, etc.
- Develop unsolicited technical recommendations, collateral to engage prospective customers and position GDIT to win
- Collaborate with GDIT technical service areas and lines of business to identify and bring the best technical and business strategies and solutions to differentiate GDIT
- Contribute to teaming strategies including identifying and vetting potential partners
- Develop cost strategies, LOEs/BOEs/BOMs, and associated rationale
- Ensure readiness of solution and proposal support team to prepare a compelling and compliant response to the government-s solicitation
- Lead development of the Technical volumes and orals presentations and other documentation
- Ensure integration of technical solution with all sections and volumes of the proposal
- Review proposals and provide critical feedback needed to strengthen our solution and proposals
- Author Technical volume introductions, key sections and orals slides including developing compelling graphics
- Will jump in when necessary to help diagnose larger system issues and work with project managers to confidently complete projects on time.
- Projects may align to a formalized SDLC approach (Agile or waterfall - varies by project).
- Additional tasks will include helping to determine high-level and detailed estimates, creating technical workflow and other supporting documentation to help drive the implementation of large enterprise systems projects as well as helping to implement best practices around technical development and deployment.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Masters Degree Preferred
- 20+ years of relevant experience with a Bachelors or 18+ years and a Masters
- 3+ years experience in IT Infrastructure and Cloud platforms
- 3+ years experience writing and defining platform and security standards
- Extensive experience in architecting, analyzing, designing and developing Distributed Enterprise
- Applications (on premise and cloud platforms). SaaS, IaaS, PaaS and iBPMS
- Extensive experience in architecture and previous application development
- Extensive experience with infrastructure services
- Solid industry experience in end-to-end cloud based solution design and development of Microservices, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Object Oriented Programming (OOP), deploying and running applications in Cloud
- Strong, articulate communication skills knowing the right level of technical detail to include for multiple audiences (executives, vendors, contractors)
- Continuously striving for excellence in adapting new technologies, decision making and exceeding expectations
- Potential Technologies may include: Java, Salesforce, Ruby, JS Frameworks, API Web Services (REST, SOAP), HTML, SQL, Reporting frameworks, Cloud Platform (AWS),
- Agile/Waterfall management approaches, industry-best practice patterns, modern data storage techniques, cutting-edge knowledge of AI/Machine Learning, Exposure to automated testing, test-driven development, continuous integration environments, familiarity with common dev environments (Maven, Gradle, Jira, IntelliJ, Eclipse, JBuilder, Apache ANT, Trac, Jenkins), intimate knowledge of common application servers and integration approaches, strong knowledge code repo systems
- FDA or HHS experience strongly preferred
- Experience in leading technical teams including defining architectural roadmap to meet business goals and end to end solutions
- Experience with capacity planning
- Experience with virtualization concepts
- Expert level technical knowledge of operating platforms (Windows, UNIX, Linux, Active Directory) and storage
- Proven track record of building, leading and managing development & automation teams and successful commercial project & product delivery (full SDLC - both Waterfall and Agile)
- Previous experiencing leading remote, geographically distributed teams
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Amazon Web Services
Software As A Services
Platform As A Services