To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Buffalo, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director of Healthcare Service - Full Time
Interim HealthCare of Buffalo • Buffalo, NY
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Responsible for the efficient and effective delivery of all clinical and paraprofessional services in accordance with the core values of Interim HealthCare. Primary responsibilities include ensuring qualified employees and contractors provide patient care and paraprofessional services, providing oversight of all patient care services and personnel, which include making patient and personnel assignments; coordinating patient care; coordinating referrals; assuring that patient needs are continually assessed; and assuring the development, implementation, and updates of the individualized plan of care. These responsibilities are provided in accordance with applicable law and regulations and accepted standards of care, as well as Interim HealthCare policies and procedures.
- Assures that daily patient care and client services as well as related office activities are conducted in accordance with applicable law and regulation.
- Assures patient care and paraprofessional services are provided in accordance with acceptable standards of care and Interim HealthCare performance standards.
- Ensures that Interim HealthCare policies and procedures are implemented and consistently followed.
- Participates in the Office’s Emergency Preparedness program, as requested.
- Ensures the respectful treatment of patients and clients and family members.
- Provides leadership to the staff in the compassionate care of the patient/ family unit.
- Develops and motivates the clinical and paraprofessional team.
- In partnership with the General Manager or franchise owner, ensures recruitment and retention of qualified caregivers as well as the ongoing assessment of their performance, and ensures that these individuals are appropriately oriented, trained, supervised and evaluated, as well as competent to meet the needs of the population being served.
- Ensures access to appropriately qualified support twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week.
- Assures that appropriate action is taken to resolve identified caregiver or patient/ client concerns or complaints.
- Manages caregivers to achieve an acceptable level of patient/ client satisfaction.
- Identifies opportunities to improve the quality of patient care or client services, formulating and implementing an action plan and evaluating results.
- Participates in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) program.
- Develops processes and executes training to successfully implement changes in patient care or client service practices.
- Identifies issues and creates solutions in response to changing demands for caregivers, clinical skills, and availability of qualified staff.
- Implements pilot programs to support new business initiatives.
- Understands current trends and advancements in the delivery of care in the home.
- Manages the efficient use of the in-office and field resources related to patient care and client services.
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- Accesses personal health information (“PHI”) necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization/department.
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Flexible Assignments to fit your needs
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Sign-on Bonus
- Health Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Paid Holidays
- Weekly Pay Checks
- Great Team Atmosphere
- Flexible schedules
Interim HealthCare is America's leading provider of home care, hospice and healthcare staffing. We offer one of the most comprehensive selections of career opportunities in the industry ranging from per diem to full-time.
If you're looking for a stable career opportunity, look no further. We offer the freedom of a flexible work schedule combined with the security of working for an established company. Nationally, Interim HealthCare has been providing great jobs to great people for 50 years and there are more than 300 offices across the country. That kind of stability combined with our commitment to integrity makes us your perfect career partner. EOE
Interim HealthCare® is an equal opportunity employer who does not discriminate against applicants, employees or clients on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other category protected by the law, or patients' decisions regarding advance directives. Each Interim HealthCare office is independently owned and operated. Not all services are available at all offices. ©2015 Interim HealthCare Inc.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and has a current license as a Registered Nurse in the state(s) in which he/she practices. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Five (5) years of home care experience as a Registered Nurse within the last seven (7) years preferred.
- Three (3) years of home care experience managing caregivers within the last five (5) years preferred.