We currently have a great opportunity for a Vice President, Business Development/Midwest - Auto Sales & Marketing in our U.S. automotive business where we work with auto dealers to drive improved auto dealership performance and profitability through best-in-class finance and insurance products, dealership training, and various wealth-building structures for dealer owners.
The Vice President, Business Development/Midwest – Auto Sales & Marketing is a senior leadership position responsible for generating new business for the Resource Dealer Group division. This is done primarily through extensive prospecting, leveraging relationships, conducting a business development analysis (BDA) when needed and presenting company programs in the areas of training, performance and participation. This position will be home-based, with approximately 60% travel throughout the assigned zone. The Vice President, Business Development will participate in a structured onboarding and training program for their first 30 days, ensuring they have the information and resources to be successful in this key role.
Key responsibilities include:
- Presenting our value proposition (products, training & participation programs) to prospective clients (dealerships).
- Utilization of Salesforce.com to track and follow up on all new business activities.
- Coordinating the launch and installation of new clients.
- Assisting with initial training commitments for new clients.
- Conducting a Business Development Analysis (BDA) to quantify current dealership performance/production and in turn develop a plan to increase production.
- Generating new business presentations.
- Participating on periodic conference calls, both region and national.
- Indirectly accountable for supporting and training Resource Dealer Group field personnel specific to new business lead generation.
- Effectively marketing for new business via email, phone and live campaigns.
- Focus on securing non client dealership groups.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of our products and offerings (training provided).
- Adhering to Company sales process.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 8+ years of business development experience within the automotive industry
- Knowledge of finance and insurance products, training and reinsurance
- Position requires residence in the Midwest(IL, WI, MI, MN).
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills, presentation skills and prospecting skills (phone-email-live) required
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Salesforce.com experience preferred
Extensive contacts and knowledge within the automotive industry preferred