The hours and days of the week are flexible depending on your availability.
The part time assembly technician performs complex assembly of material handling equipment according to established specifications and instructions. Performs calibration, adjustments and final checks to ensure high quality products.\n
The Part Time Assembly Technician performs complex assembly of material handling equipment according to established specifications and instructions. Performs calibration, adjustments and final checks to ensure high quality products.
Key Performance Areas
Drives Business Results –
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations. Escalate all unsafe conditions so they can be promptly addressed.
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to department supervisor immediately.
- Accurately follows work assignments as required by highly variable daily duties:
- Mechanical, hydraulic and electrical assembly.
- Material handling.
- Standard housekeeping.
- Safety and quality audits.
- Performs multiple processes to complete mechanical and electrical assemblies, using hand tools and power pneumatic tooling.
- Reads and interprets schematics and drawings, communicating with Engineers as necessary
- Checks inventory of assigned task and area daily. Reports potential parts shortages to prevent stock outages to Lead personal or supervisor.
- Abides by the methods and procedures inherent in position as directed by management.
- Assists with maintenance on company equipment when necessary.
- May perform occasional welding, machining, finishing, etc. as required, in so far as existing personal capabilities allow.
- Executes safety and facility improvement projects.
- Completes tasks as directed by manufacturing schedules with minimum supervision.
Experience and Education:
Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Communication: Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal communication.
Technology: General knowledge of MS Outlook
- Highly motivated, pro-active, self-starter.
- Ability to commit to a weekly adjustable schedule.
Supervisory Responsibility – This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work - This is a part-time position, flexible work hours, 30 hours or less. Shift times can range from:
- Monday - Friday 6:00-4:30
Travel – No travel is expected for this position.
Work Environment - This position is stationed in a heavy equipment manufacturing environment. Products are assembled and tested in a progressive fashion on individual product lines. The product lines are made up of concrete floors, overhead cranes, tools, ladders/work platforms, carts, stand and material racks. Hand, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical tools are used to assemble machines with a high degree of accuracy. Machines and materials move throughout the facility floor and occasionally move in/out of the facility through overhead doors. Most of the assigned tasks are indoors but outdoor tasks are possible. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and moving mechanical parts.
Physical Requirements - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Assembly Technician position to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Operate Heavy Equipment, Forklifts, Trucks and Overhead Cranes
- Stand and walk on a concrete surface for extended periods (approx. 3 hours/each) throughout a standard work shift.
- Ascend and descend work platform stairs to access installations at varying heights. Ascend and descend vertical steps of heavy equipment to access Operator’s cab.
- Reach overhead as well as bend, crouch and kneel to floor level to access installations. Work from a laying position on a Mechanic’s creeper. Assume awkward positions for restricted-access installations.
- Regularly lift/carry up to 50 lbs. loads from floor level to chest level. Push/pull items exerting loads up to 50 lbs.
- Swing heavy hammers (25 lbs.) up to chest height, tighten joints using large hand tools as well as heavy (30 lbs.) impact/power/pneumatic tools.
- Construction Toolkits
- Heavy Equipment