As a Senior in Deloitte's Controllership Transformation Services practice, you will gain valuable hands-on experience working alongside leading professionals while building your professional skills in a variety of Purpose Built Accounting Automation technology specialties, such as BlackLine, as we help our clients transform their processes around financial close, consolidation, and reporting.
Work you'll do
The Deloitte Controllership Transformation team works closely with purpose-built automation technologies in the market to help our clients improve accounting processes, build / configure accounting automation solutions, and develop governance/controls around these tools. We help organizations effectively navigate business risks and opportunities-from strategic, and financial risks to operational, and regulatory risks-to gain competitive advantage. We apply our experience in ongoing business operations and corporate lifecycle events to help clients become stronger and more resilient. Our market-leading teams help clients embrace complexity to accelerate performance, disrupt through innovation, and lead in their industries.
As a Senior in the practice, your responsibilities include:
* Analyzing, manipulating, and managing data to deliver meaningful insights necessary to help companies of all sizes and across multiple industries address regulatory and business challenges
* Working with clients to understand business challenges and identify solutions to drive desired outcomes
* Leveraging accounting technology principles to turn data into trusted business information
* Designing, building, and configuring BlackLine at medium and large size organizations
* Creating, managing, and utilizing structured and unstructured data stores
* Performing current state assessment of client accounting and data
* Leveraging tools to enable actionable decision making
* Developing system requirements, designing and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures and implementing with specific focus on BlackLine
* Focus accounting domain areas will include the financial close and intercompany accounting.
* Mapping data flows to identify optimal design and governance options as well as potential risks
* Developing business solutions leveraging emerging automation, cognitive, and machine learning tools.
Deloitte Controllership Transformation helps our clients transform business issues into opportunities for growth and long-term competitive advantage. Our BlackLine professionals make extensive use of data, statistical and quantitative analysis, rules-based methods, and accounting technology to bring insights to client issues in all industries.
* Bachelor's degree in one of the following majors with relevant business, technology, data and/or analytical focused coursework: Business: Accounting, Economics, Finance, Business Analytics; Technology: Management Information Systems, Data Analytics, Computer Science; Math/Engineering: Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Industrial Engineering
* Strong communication, team building, teaming and presentation experience
* BlackLine certification in at least one of the core modules (Reconciliations, Task Management, Transaction Matching, etc.)
* 1+ years of technical or advisory-related implementation experience in some or all of the following process domain areas / related BlackLine products:
* Financial close processes
* Account reconciliations
* Close task management
* Journal entry creation/posting, etc.
* High volume transaction matching
* Intercompany accounting (including BlackLine Intercompany Hub)
* Governance / compliance
* Prior experience working with and managing data sets as well as integrations between systems
* Experience in designing/building BlackLine and/or related financial close automation solutions.
* Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
* Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects/ assignments/ responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to travel up to 50%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
* Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
* Master's degree in related area.
* BlackLine certification in all of the core modules (Reconciliations, Task Management, Transaction Matching, etc.)
* Experience with packaged technologies like BlackLine
* Project experience in areas such as process mapping, root cause/ gap analysis/ best fit, requirements gathering/ definition development
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* High energy, result driven person
* Ability to energize teams through inclusiveness and connection with people
* Strong commitment to the customer
* Ability to multi-task and ensure timely deliverables
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado or Nevada, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and the State of Nevada and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $72,800 - $135,200.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte & Touche LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 115091
- Business Analysis
- Business Informatics
- Business Process Mapping
- Client Accounting