To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Angleton, TX 77515
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Benchmark Electronics, Inc. • Angleton, TX
Posted 1 month ago
Job ID(Requisition ID):
Benchmark Electronics is seeking Accountant I or II with our Finance Team. The Accountant provides financial analytical support by collecting, compiling and assisting in the preparation of various reports for customer pricing, accounting and profitability analyses. This position may also assist in coordinating and/or performing some aspects of the General Ledger, Financial Reporting, Fixed Assets and Expense Account Analysis functions within the Finance department.
Location: This position is located in Angleton, Texas. Please confirm that location is ideal prior to applying. Work location: 3000 Technology Drive, Angleton Texas *Houston metro area* No calls from 3rd party recruiting firms.
Essential Functions and Competencies
- Record and maintain entries in the general ledger
- Ensure sub-ledgers are reconciled to the general ledger
- Compile and contribute to or generate Corporate/internal monthly financial statements and other related financial reports
- Ensure compliance with Corporate reporting requirements
- Analyze and recap preliminary various balance sheet and expense accounts
- Maintain and ensure the proper recording of fixed asset transactions in the fixed assets software
- Calculate and contribute to analysis of monthly depreciation and gains/losses on sales of fixed assets
- Maintain capital equipment budget and related depreciation forecast
- Ensure proper application of sales and use taxes
- Reconcile bank statements for various cash accounts
- Assist in the preparation of document package of customer pricing of material, direct labor and engineering efforts
- Gather and organize data for an analysis of previous customer pricing to current pricing
- Assimilate and prepare data for journal entries related to customer non-recurring engineering activities
- Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with program management, operations, purchasing and accounting functions
- Participate in the preparation of forecasts and reports for cost, sales, income, bookings, backlog, manpower, material and other related data
- Prepare information to be used in the development and monitoring of departmental labor and expense budgets
- Prepare customer pricing packages of material, direct labor and engineering efforts for program personnel, company management and customers
- Perform all essential functions and competencies listed above
- Contribute to reports or projects of a moderate degree of complexity
- Require moderate supervision in completion of tasks
Qualifications / Education / Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to complete projects in a timely manner
- Effective organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to work successfully as an individual or on teams
- Proven ability to demonstrate discretion and confidentiality, good judgment and professionalism when representing the company
- Ability to support a 24/7 global business operation as required
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with suppliers or customers
- Understanding of and ability to use continuous improvement tools; Participate in a continuous improvement activity with complete documentation including a follow up review with the team in a presentation format
- Ability to travel as required
0-2 years related experience; working knowledge of spreadsheet applications; general ledger experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
5+ years related experience. Must have general ledger experience in a manufacturing environment. Must have working knowledge of spreadsheet application
4 Year accounting degree
Accounting / Finance
Send this job to a friend
Send this job description to a friend by email. All the relevant details will be included in the message.
Attention Search Agencies
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding position vacancies. Third parties should not submit resumes on this site or to Benchmark employees directly. If the decision is made to engage the services of a search agency, we only work with organizations on our preferred vendor list with whom we have a written agreement. If you would like to be considered for this list in the future please contact the local Human Resource office.