To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Orlando, FL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
U-Pull & Pay • Orlando, FL
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
U Pull-&-Pay (UPAP) is a dynamic company with a nationwide network of retail self-serve used auto parts stores. As a customer focused organization, UPAP exists to provide low cost, used auto parts to our customers. Our inventory and interchange information services enhance the customer experience. Customers bring their own tools into UPAP stores and remove valuable auto parts from an environmentally processed inventory of autos. These auto parts are purchased according to a specific price list shared with our customers. UPAPs inventory of autos is rotated continuously.
UPAP is a wholly owned subsidiary of The David J Joseph Company (DJJ) which was founded in 1885 and is a world leader in scrap metal recycling & trading. With over 80 locations, the Joseph Company is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nucor Corporation (NUE) a Fortune 200 Company. DJJ has a well-earned reputation for safety, integrity and innovation. We are recognized as a good community citizen who is trustworthy, financially strong and environmentally proactive.
If you are ready to grow with a successful company and are open to train in other state to include CO, FL, TX, PA, IN, OH, AZ, NM, please apply online.
The Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting with overall facility operations to include: managing team members in a collaborative and safe environment, enforcing the company's safety & environmental programs, hiring, developing and coaching staff, promoting customer service initiatives, assisting with the procurement of facility inventory and meeting sales goals. The ideal Assistant Manager will be a self-motivated, team player who fosters the development of team members while excelling in a fast-paced environment.
- Effectively manage team members, including coaching, developing, administering discipline, etc.
- Ensure company safety focus is maintained and facilitate weekly staff meetings
- Maintain appearance of the facility
- Accurately completes paperwork associated with cash receipts and prices and conduct physical inventories
- Meet assigned sales performance and profitability criteria
- Ensure customer satisfaction by incorporating the customer's view when making decisions
- Develop and maintain relationships with multiple levels of customers and suppliers-retail customers, wholesale customers and vehicle suppliers
- Establish and monitor work schedule of retail and production employees
- Responsible for all functions of the retail store to include sales, customer service, inventory, hiring and training
- Assumes responsibility of total store operation when acting as manager on duty
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a management role preferably, in a retail/industrial setting Bachelor's degree in business discipline or equivalent related business experience
- Demonstrates a concern for the needs and expectations of customers; focuses efforts on identifying and meeting the customer's needs
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
- Proven ability to motivate and lead team members
- Experience working with P&L statements
- Excels at working in a fast paced, team oriented environment
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Spanish language skills a plus
- Automotive/Parts Knowledge a plus
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays
- Ability to train in another state to include CO, FL, TX, PA, IN, OH, AZ, NM