With minimal technical guidance, the Maintenance Mechanic keeps plant machinery and mechanical equipment in good repair. Examines machines to diagnose trouble, dismantles machines, replaces defective parts, reassembles machines and makes necessary adjustments to ensure efficient operation. Much of the time spent is addressing emergency equipment repairs, completing PM's, assist in complex changeover, and working with other experienced mechanics.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Hands-on machine maintenance, machine improvements, changeovers and troubleshoot issues to supporting on time delivery, reduced scrap and returns
- Develop process improvements for current processes and product lines also working closely with other departments in the development of new products
- Research new advances in technology to improve efficiencies and reduce scrap
- Assist in coordinating, maintaining and communicating preventative maintenance schedules and records
- Maintain perishable tooling, replacement parts, supplies, and safety equipment
- Work closely with engineering, tool makers, and molding mechanics to diagnose problems and develop solutions
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and performs preventive maintenance on buildings and production equipment, including mechanical, pneumatic, electrical systems, machining, welding, and carpentry.
- Efficiently and safely uses a variety of tools and materials in machine and building maintenance (includes most power tools, hand tools, machine shop equipment, personal computer, electrical testing equipment, metals, plastics, rubber, PVC, Teflon, both metric and English hardware, electrical parts, wood and wood products and wood fasteners). May also use forklifts and other lifting equipment in performing work.
- Promptly notifies the appropriate resources (internal and external) in the event major repairs to equipment or facilities are needed and provides accurate communication/documentation to assist in the repair.
- Works with machine vendors to assist in repairing machines and ordering parts.
- Installs and assists in the installation of equipment.
- Promptly and accurately completes forms, records and reports used to document the status of department projects and tasks.
- Assists in developing and carrying out preventive maintenance program.
- Maintains effective and respectful working relationships with other associates.
- Actively participates in and supports teamwork, continuous process improvement, and lean manufacturing principles.
- Demonstrates flexibility and commitment through cross training and helping other departments consistent with business needs.
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area.
- Performs duties safely and in accordance with company safety policies.
- Performs light construction projects including building shelving, storage bins, or similar fixtures.
- May be required to work irregular hours or return to the plant after the shift in the event of unexpected mechanical breakdowns or for other special assignments.
- May install or replace electrical wiring and devices under a Master Electricians license.
- May perform minor computer setups or repairs with the assistance and/or direction of the IS Department.
- Performs other duties as needed.
Education: High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
(FOR JOB POSTINGS ONLY)
Note: Your application for this position does not guarantee an offer. The skills and experience required for this job will determine the success of your application.
Internal applicants interested in applying for this position, apply by logging into your Workforce Now Portal. After login click on the top right under Important Links - Internal Job Application.
BIC Graphic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
At Bic Graphic, we believe in fostering an authentic, respectful and transparent culture where our employees can flourish, be themselves and be respected for their individuality. This culture drives innovation and enhances the value of our company. It is essential in helping us attract and retain the most qualified talent, be more competitive, and ultimately creates greater business success by providing an inclusive environment.
Bic Graphic provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.