$65000.00 to $78000.00 yearly
If you're looking for work as a full-time Staff Accountant, this terrific wine company might have a job for you. If you're looking to join a thriving, fast-paced company that recognizes talent and effort, Robert Half is seeking an ambitious, detail-oriented Staff Accountant. The ideal candidate for this position can prepare journal entries, assist with monthly and year-end closings, perform bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance, and general ledger reconciliation and be responsible for all Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), and in house payroll. This is a great role for an experienced Staff Accountant or for a recent Grad who has had internships or work in accounting. The ideal candidate will want to grow professionally and ultimately take over all accounting and monthly financial analysis from the CFO.
Your responsibilities in this role
- Recurring journal entries maintenance and reconciliation
- Prepare monthly balance sheet and bank account reconciliations
- Process daily accounts payable, accounts receivable, and billing and bi-weekly payroll.
- Maintain, implement, and adhere to internal controls while ensuring that accounting procedures comply with GAAP
- Produce complex journal entries and account reconciliations which include, but are not limited to, cash, prepaid expenses, and payroll
- Ad-hoc reporting and special projects, as requested
- Compose journal entries and conduct the month end close with minimal supervision
- Maintain fixed asset ledgers, depreciation, and reconciliation
- Assist the CFO with the preparation of monthly financial close workbooks to support the month end, quarter end and year end closing process
- Manage schedules for monthly payments and capital lease
- BA/BS or AA/AS in Accounting is strongly preferred. Must have an understanding of accounting theory, debits/credits and how transactions flow through the GL.
- 2+ years of recent and relevant accounting experience
- Outstanding organizational, written and verbal communication skills required. Strong attention to detail required.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and social skills - this is a fun culture!
- Self-starter, ability to identify issues and resolve problems. Must not be afraid to ask questions!
- Proficiency in Accounts Receivable (AR), Full-cycle Account Payable (AP), and billing are preferred
- Good understanding of Inventory Reconciliation is a plus, but CFO is willing to train.
- QuickBooks and intermediate Microsoft Excel experience required.
- Benefits coordination experience highly preferred
- Account reconciliation experience highly valued
- Adeptness in reconciling Credit Card and Daily Cash Receipts
- General familiarity with in-house payroll a plus, but again, the CFO can train.
- Ability to prioritize work and balance multiple projects and deadlines
For immediate consideration, please call Amanda Howell at
after applying to this job. Thank you!
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at
. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Staff Accountant
for more information.