Overview and Responsibilities
*TUITION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE*
The Baptist Cancer Center in Memphis, TN is looking for a Genetic Counselor to join our well established team to provide genetic services to our patients. Come join our multidisciplinary team to help identify patients with hereditary cancer syndromes and also provide prenatal services in the Memphis, TN area.
Purpose of Position and Scope of Responsibility:
The position provides genetic counseling for all participating entities and clinics. Responsibilities include but are not limited to providing clinical genetics services, participating in medical and community genetics education, identifying research opportunities, and assisting in developing the genetics program for BMH-Memphis.
This position offers a unique opportunity as the genetic counselors at the Baptist Cancer Center not only provide cancer genetic counseling services but are also contracted to see patients at a prenatal office several days a week to provide genetic counseling services for pregnancy or preconception at a highly regarded maternal fetal medicine office.
1. Performs assigned professional genetics services to provide highest excellence in patient care by coordinating and interacting with appropriate personnel as required by regulatory agencies.
2. Provides clinical guidance to healthcare professionals as well as genetic counseling services including but not limited to syndrome identification, medical management, genetics testing, psychosocial counseling, and multidisciplinary coordination of patient services.
3. Participates in an array of educational offerings for healthcare professionals as well as the community in areas to include syndrome identification, medical management, genetics testing, psychosocial counseling, and multidisciplinary coordination of patient services.
4. Recommends potential research project opportunities which support the design of the most effective/efficient patient care delivery models to meet the needs of targeted patient populations throughout BMHCC
5. Performs other accountabilities as assigned or directed.
• Master’s degree in Medical Genetics, Genetic Counseling or related field
• Computer literacy skills
-Experience, Licensure, Registration, Certification:
• Clinical rotations as part of advanced degree
• Board Eligible/Board Certified Genetic Counselor, American Board of Genetic Counseling
• Licensure/Temporary Licensure with Tennessee Board of Medical Examiners
• Knowledge of health care issues in related field, clinical practice, trends, and legal compliance
Experienced counselors or new graduates are welcome to apply. Come join a comprehensive center focusing on patient care. We would love for you to join our team! Apply today!