$110000.00 to $120000.00 yearly
Robert Half Finance is helping a renowned manufacturing services company find an ambitious candidate to fill the role of a Controller. The leadership position is responsible for an accounting and clerical department. As the Controller, you will be planning and directing all accounting operational functions, handling the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, evaluating accounting and internal control systems, and leading departmental staff. This company offers very competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, and excellent career growth. We are seeking an individual for this role who is able to motivate others by maintaining a positive professional attitude; exhibit integrity, reliability and leadership; and is capable of providing exceptional client services by managing self and others by responding with a sense of urgency, practicality and accountability. Additionally, you will handle key decisions and challenge, negotiate and influence the team. As a part of the leadership team, you will lead the generation of innovative ideas that are sound and progressive, challenge the status quo, and foster creativity throughout your area of responsibility. Based in the Vernon, California area, this opening for a Controller is a full-time position.
- Manage the production of and monthly monitoring of the annual budget and forecasts
- Research, prepare and execute Finance Department initiatives such as software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements, as required
- Lead the operations of the finance department which includes accounts payable, billings & collections, and payroll
- Complete month-end and year-end close of income statement and balance sheet, reconcile accounts, and handle G/L analysis
- Capable of handling responsibilities beyond formal job duties
- Each month, present executive committee and partners with financial reports
- Check deliverables of self and team to certify they meet client expectations
- Ensure timely cash collection by driving the timing for monthly billing and other cash management techniques
- Prepare cash-flow reports that project cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals, and handle daily cash management
- Assess, execute and streamline policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies
- Work closely with executive team and partners to ensure efficient and successful firm-wide operation
Accounting or Finance degree
7-10 years experience
Government contract experience
GL, month-end closing, financial statements, sales & use tax, job costing
Sage 300 or Timberline experience
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at
. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.