To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Odessa, FL 33556
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Gunite Plant Supervisor - Odessa, FL
CRH Americas Materials • Odessa, FL
Posted 2 months ago
Job ID: 149668
Preferred Materials – Concrete Division, part of CRH South Division, is a leading supplier of ready mix concrete, concrete block, rebar and building materials in the state of Florida, providing the highest product quality and service in the construction industry. With headquarters in Bonita Springs, Florida, and operations in five key Florida markets, Preferred Materials provides municipalities, developers, architects, engineers, contractors, builders and suppliers a wide variety of construction materials and products. Our employees make Preferred Materials a great place to work. We promote a strong safety culture, where employees take responsibility for their own safety.
Position will assist the Regional Manager in supervising & coordinating delivery schedules in order to effectively satisfy customer needs by efficiently utilizing staff & equipment.
- Report to work Monday- Friday & possibly on Saturday's as needed no later than 6:00 am to open plant & dispatch crews. (On occasion the plant will be required to open earlier; in this case it will be the responsibility of the supervisor to do it Him/Herself or designate an employee that is responsible)
- Issue work orders and go over work in detail with crew Foremen to mitigate/reduce mistakes.
- Insure that crews/personal have what they need to perform their duties.
- Coordinate/schedule repairs as needed.
- Review work orders from previous day's work to insure yardage is being invoiced correctly.
- Ensure that existing plant facilities & equipment is safe, neat, clean, efficient & productive.
- Ordering cement & sand as needed.
- Insure that the safety program & culture is being enforced.
- Monitor Drivers log sheets & hours.
- Perform road and jobsite observations.
- Perform Pre-Site inspections as needed, especially when it pertains to renovations and high profile/complicated jobs.
- Provide supervision on jobsites as needed along with maintaining (QC) Quality Control, especially on high profile or complicated projects.
- Maintain an effective work place that creates & promotes a Safe, Healthy & Harmonious work environment.
- Coordinate the daily schedule with office staff & consult with the Regional Manager as needed.
- Contact all customers @ the end of each business day with the schedule for the next day.
- Maintain a clear open line of communication with all clients @ a professional level.
- Perform other duties & special projects as assigned.
- Perform safety meeting or meetings as required once a month or as required with the support of your Regional Manager.
- Report all inventories for Cement, Fuel & Sand on the 15th of each month no later than 6:00 am.
- Provide completed order forms to your Regional Manager for monthly supply orders.
- Supervise Silo maintenance (Performed by Maintenance Department)
Safety & Environmental
- Emissions testing for Silo.
- Assure compliance with ALL safety programs.
- Hold daily Take 5 meetings with all employees and visitors.
- Confirm that proper maintenance is conducted on all equipment.
- Manage storm-water / spill prevention program.
- Conduct routine safety inspections and report corrections as needed.
- Assist with accident & environmental investigation / compliance.
- Maintain all records required for compliance
Vehicle and Equipment Service and Maintenance
- Routinely inspect vehicles and equipment - report repair priorities.
- Insure plants and operating equipment is clean and properly maintained.
- Insure safety equipment is maintained.
- Perform routine plant maintenance.
- Schedule vehicle repairs through Regional Manager.
Job Function Requirements
- Ability to handle multiple tasks/time manages in a high profile & fast paced environment.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Available to be on call.
- 2+ years of prior Supervisor or Operations experience preferably within the Gunite industry.
- Will also accept 3+ years' experience of scheduling or delivery in the Gunite or Swimming Pool industry.
- Will also accept 3+ years' experience as a Gunite Foreman.
- Employee understands that in this position, there may be frequent short notice travel obligations High School Diploma or GED.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Preferred Materials – Concrete Division is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.