To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA
- Carson Jackson
- Phone: 4046825864
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Scrum Master
TEKsystems, Inc • Atlanta, GA
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Scrum Master has primary responsibility of facilitating the learning and growth of one or more Agile teams in developing a lean-Agile mindset, improving practices and guiding them to more predictable delivery. The Scrum Master plays a role in facilitating Agile ceremonies and planning of releases, removing impediments, providing guidance, and supporting Agile teams.
Backlog Management Practices
* Works with Product Owners and team members to learn and practice healthy backlog management and prioritization practices
* Facilitates the execution and improvement of backlog refinement
* Prepares for and facilitates release planning with teams
* Assists in dependency management and cross team coordination
Agile Ceremony Facilitation
* Facilitates continuous improvement and the development of a learning culture on teams
* Facilitates ceremonies, collaboration, communication, and conflict management
* Teaches new team members Agile mindset and frameworks, practices, and process
* Influences the organization in the removal of organizational impediments and development of healthy Agile practices
* Mentors Product Owners and team members in agile practices and continuous improvement
Delivery Team Support
* Removes impediments to the team's ability to perform
* Acts as a buffer between external distractions to minimize disruptions
* Assists in the coordination of operational issue resolution
* Facilitates team development, mediates conflicts protecting the team and encourages healthy team dynamics.
* Fosters team responsibility, self-accountability, transparency and self-organization
* Leverages coaching skills to help the team learn to solve its own problems
Advice and Guidance
* Introduces and encourages team to explore healthy Agile development practices, focus on quality and technical excellence, predictable delivery, automation, and continuous delivery
* Teaches and encourages a balanced backlog that delivers valuable features for customers, reduces technical debt, provides business value, and enables product sustainability
* Helps the team to develop, capture, and analyze metrics to facilitate team improvements
* Promotes transparency through healthy communications and data integrity
System Development Management
Advice and Guidance
Agile Ceremony Facilitation
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
* Bachelor's degree or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
* Working experience related industry
* 5 - 8 years of working experience as a Scrum Master
* Working experience in one or more of the following Agile methods or frameworks: Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP), or Kanban
* Working experience with Agile scaling frameworks, preferably SAFe
* Scrum Master certification or equivalent certified professional (Desired for lower level - required for higher)
Kanban Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
* Experience and knowledge working with lean/Kanban teams
* Kanban or equivalent certification
* Coaches the lean-Agile mindset
* Coaches team in Kanban principles and practices
* Facilitates backlog management and refinement
* Helps team develop and adhere to WIP limits
* Facilitates transparency of metrics, impediment removal, collaboration, and coordination
* Facilitates continuous improvement
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.