Posting open until filled
Salary range: $34,700 - $52,100
General Description and
The Wastewater Collection Operator II is
responsible for operating light, medium, and heavy trucks and construction
equipment for the Office of Linear Infrastructure Operations to support
wastewater collection system operation and maintenance. The equipment includes Dump Trucks; Front End
Loaders; Low Boy; Backhoe and Mini Excavator.
Essential Duties &
Responsibilities These are typical responsibilities for this position and should
not be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. May perform other
duties as assigned.
truck for specific tasks so that work can be performed efficiently and in a
preventative maintenance and inspection on equipment daily to ensure proper
operation uses; dump truck, front end loader, backhoe and mini excavator.
multiple vehicles during the course of completing daily assignments. The
vehicle may be a dump truck; front end
loader, backhoe, and mini excavator.
equipment and material to and from specific job sites and loads and unloads
materials so that specific projects can be completed.
- Communicates with Watershed Crew Supervisor
and co-workers to receive instructions, directions and exchange information.
May use two-way radio as a form of communication.
- Communication with the general public to give
directions answer questions.
that all duties assigned on the daily task sheets are completed and documented.
assist crew with other supporting functions on-site (i.e. placing traffic
control devices; general site clean-up).
Knowledge, Skills &
Abilities This is a partial listing
of necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job successfully. It is not an
of general site safety as it pertains to water/wastewater operations and
- Skill in
operating light to heavy duty trucks and equipment for transportation to and
from motor transport facility to provide necessary equipment to complete
- Skill in operating
trucks of various sizes and weights in the loading, hauling and unloading
various equipment, materials and supplies.
to utilize mechanics tools to perform preventative maintenance; uses air
compressor, battery charger, and shovels.
- Ability to operate rubber tire loader to clean
vacant lots and clean roadside dumping stations, as well as load trucks and
- Ability to utilize various tools such as a
shovel to dig, hand tools to perform minor maintenance, and picks to loosen
materials, uses chains to unload plates, and coal mix to secure plates.
to transport materials to and from work site so that jobs may be
- Skill in
operating trucks of various sizes and weights in the loading, hauling and
unloading various equipment, materials and supplies.
- Skill in digging operations within the City and
urbanized area around existing utilities.
to contribute to the resolution of project related problems.
to troubleshoot mechanical issues as it pertains to heavy equipment
to communicate diplomatically with customers to successfully address concerns.
to adapt to changes in work environment.
- Ability to document work status with photos and data input.
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- High School Diploma / GED
- 2 years’ experience in operation of light to medium-sized trucks or related equipment.
- Ability to operate Dump Truck; Front End Loaders; Low Boy; Backhoe and Mini Excavator
Preferred Qualifications – Education and Experience
- 4 years experience in operation of light to medium-sized trucks or related equipment.
- 2 years of verifiable experience in operating heavy equipment such as a backhoe, excavator, loader and skid steer; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which proves the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this job.
Licensures and Certifications
- Valid Class A Georgia Commercial Driver’s License – Required
- Certified Heavy Equipment Operator – Preferred
- Certified Crane Operator – Preferred
- Certified Wastewater Operator License - Preferred
Essential Capabilities and Work Environment Required physical, lifting, and sensory capabilities are requirements to perform the job successfully. Typical environmental conditions associated with job.
Required physical, lifting up to 100lbs, and sensory capabilities are requirements to perform the job successfully. Typical environmental conditions associated with job. Ability to stand, crawl, function in a confined or restricted space.
City of Atlanta is an equal opportunity employer.
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)