Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Manager, Workforce Productivity Solutions is responsible for leading care consultants and analyst team through the financial and operational opportunity assessment and due diligence processes for potential client partners and overseeing implementation teams deployed to drive workforce productivity improvement initiatives. This position is responsible for leading analysts and consultant team members through both remote and onsite client work and serving as the coordination point across all functional teams including business operations, technology, innovation and transformation teams. The manager will partner with the project leader and client on an ongoing basis to ensure that agreed upon clinical, financial and operational targets are achieved within the approved project scope and timeline. All leaders on the team are expected to be hands-on with project design, deliverable creation and implementation support for customers.
The role of the Workforce Productivity Design team is to complete assessments and detailed due diligence in support of long-term transformation partnership with potential clients, and to implement financial and operational opportunities at potential clients and internal business units that are being integrated onto the Optum platform. There are also several projects associated with continuous improvement of our valuation methodology, product innovation needs, and workforce productivity redesign based on process improvement and technology integration.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Structure complex business problems into project frameworks that can be analyzed and solved
- Build consensus amongst client stakeholders who play a critical key role in the ability to successfully implement the identified solutions
- Lead initiative teams to accurately diagnose the issues the client has identified (as well as underlying issues) and determine the appropriate solutions that will lead the client to achieve best practice performance
- Support and/or lead the creation of due diligence materials and other business development activities (e.g. proposals and Statements of Work or SOWs)
- Provide strategic input to the development of project/program roadmap and timelines
- Support the management of resources within projects/programs
- Create a team-oriented work climate that enables professional development and encourages creative solutions and strategies
- Provide coaching and mentoring of project team with the goal of developing and retaining talent within the organization
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree
- 5+ years of experience in any of the following areas: Workforce Productivity, Project Management, General Consulting and/or Business Process Improvement in a hospital setting
- Experience managing through strategic shift or redirection
- Project Management skills - experience managing multiple projects, people and constituents
- Methodology development experience
- Analytical skills
- Successful at navigating matrixed relationships and strategic partnerships
- Travel expected based on client need with expectations of 50-80%
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Master of Business Administration; Master of Health Administration preferred
- Workforce Productivity Transformation consulting or Workforce Productivity Operational experience in a hospital setting
- Experience in hospital management and/or leading complex transformation consulting engagements resulting in significant recurring financial benefit
- Experience developing workforce productivity transformation methodologies and designing innovative solutions in a complex and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Manager, Workforce Productivity Solutions, Workforce, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote