Social Services Assistant / Designee
Laurelwood at Elkton is a proud member of the CommuniCare family of health care companies. We are currently seeking a Social Services Assistant to complete our Social Services team. This part time position works 20 hours per week in a fast-paced environment. If you are a caring, outgoing individual who enjoys working with the elderly population, then this is the job for you!
The qualified candidate for the Social Services Assistant position must have a High School diploma as a minimum. Candidates must either have previous Social Work experience or be currently enrolled in a Social Work program. The position requires strong communication skills and the ability to multi-task well, along with computer skills that include Microsoft Office and Point Click Care.
Responsibilities of the Social Services Assistant include:
- Work in coordination with the Social Services Director to provide assistance to patients and families related to discharge planning and community resource assistance.
- Collaborate with the interdisciplinary team to ensure coordination of social service needs.
- Handle daily documentation, resident interviews, and family follow up.
As a CommuniCare employee you will enjoy competitive wages and PTO plans. We offer full time employees a menu of benefit options from life and disability plans to medical, dental and vision coverage, from quality benefit carriers. We also offer 401(k) with employer match and Flexible Spending Accounts.
If you would like to join a team dedicated to caring for those most in need, submit your resume today for confidential consideration.
- Must have a minimum of a High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have previous Social Work experience or be enrolled currently in a Social Work program
- Must have computer skills that include Microsoft Office and Point Click Care
- Must have strong communication skills
- Must be able to multi-task well. This is a fast-paced position.
- Criminal background and drug testing required