To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Emmitsburg, MD 21727
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Computer Operator I
Chenega Corporation • Emmitsburg, MD
Posted 17 days ago
CHENEGA APPLIED SOLUTIONS, LLC
Company Job Title:
Computer Operator I
FEMA BackgroundLocation: Emmitsburg, MD
Non-Exempt, Part-Time, SCA
Executive Order 13495, The Non Displacement of Qualified Workers Under Service Contracts provide first right of refusal to incumbents on contracts. If the position is accepted by the incumbent on the job, other application/resume of non-incumbents will not be reviewed.Summary:
The Computer Operator I will operate, maintain, and monitor computer equipment and provide assistance as needed to computer users.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate and monitor computer equipment
- Perform routine tasks to maintain computer equipment and peripherals
- Respond to user inquiries while using the Student Lab
- Assist with software questions and guidance as requested
- Advise, assist, and train in applying, configuring, troubleshooting, and delivering electronic customer support services
- Work with customers to assure all practices and procedures within the federal government are met.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- High School Diploma, Vocational School or GED required
- At least 1-year experience as a Helpdesk/Computer Support Technician in a 50 PC environment
- A certified preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have the ability to work nights, weekends and Holidays as required
- Must have the ability to pass FEMA background check
- Knowledge of the MS Office 365
- Ability to assist users with basic WiFi access
- Knowledge of checking and scanning USB devices
- Knowledge/exposure to McAfee antivirus and Malwarebytes
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.