When you work for AmeriGas, you become a part of something BIG! Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nation’s premiere propane company, serving over 1.5 million residential, commercial, industrial and motor fuel propane customers. Together, over 6,500 dedicated professionals will deliver over 1 billion gallons of propane from 1,800+ distribution points across the United States.
Job Summary (Purpose):
Responsible for the financial analysis support of assigned operating businesses. Works with operational and financial decision makers as needed to analyze, review, interpret, and report financial and operating information.
- Experience in financial management and operations analysis.
- Effective in communicating financial and operating issues to management.
- Highly responsive and motivated with involvement in many aspects of the National Accounts and Cylinder Exchange businesses.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Financial, Management and Forecast Reports – assist in generating and reviewing monthly accounting, finance and operational reports for accuracy. Provide insights on report data, including key metrics and trend analysis. Monthly earnings forecasts are created and reviewed with key decision makers.
- Customer Reporting and Economic Justification Analysis – Gather and analyze data from SAP Business Intelligence and other sources to determine the profitability of existing and potential new customers. Generate customer level analysis and provide insights to internal team.
- Operations Analysis - Review operating statistics and analyze data on variances and trends to understand their causes and build predictive forecast measures.
- Budget Preparation - Assist in the annual fiscal budget preparation. Use technical skills to create dynamic and flexible planning tools and execute the mechanics of the budget. Analyze trends and make recommendations.
- Capital Management - Works with Project Managers in managing the progress and cost of capital projects. Builds predictive forecast measures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 3-5 years’ experience in financial analysis and reporting. Conducts or participates in some complex financial analysis projects.
- Communications - Excellent in communicating financial information in both written and verbal forms to management. Able to work on many initiatives.
- Flexibility - Position has a large amount of reporting and analysis on a wide variety of issues resulting in a continuous flow of questions and exchange of information and follow up.
- Technical – Advanced level of MS Office, specifically MS Excel, is required.
Education and Experience Required:
- BS in Finance, Accounting or Business-related field required
- 3-5 years of experience in financial analysis, financial reporting or related field
AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected class in its practices.
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be willing to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background check. Successful applicants shall be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment, and if hired, shall be subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with AmeriGas policies. As a federal contractor that engages in safety-sensitive work, AmeriGas cannot permit employees in certain positions to use medical marijuana, even if prescribed by an authorized physician. Similarly, applicants for such positions who are actively using medical marijuana may be denied hire on that basis.
- Data Analysis
- Financial Analysis