Are you passionate about travel? Do you want to grow with a company that values its employees? Don’t you think it’s time to make a career move?
If so, we invite you to explore the world at Abercrombie & Kent! Voted one of the Best Places to Work in Illinois two years in a row - Abercrombie & Kent is the world’s leading luxury travel company, combining comfort and authenticity in the greatest destinations worldwide since 1962. Our inspiring brand of travel to over 100 countries and all seven continents relies on a staff of dedicated experts — and you could be one of them!
So, why not share your passion for travel by embarking on a career journey with an industry leader still pioneering after five decades of success?
The Tailor Made Travel Consultant is responsible for the design, pricing and sale of itineraries that are tailored to meet guest requirements and expectations.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Meet or exceed established sales goals
• Design custom tailor made itineraries in consultation with guests and Travel Agents
• Evaluate pricing received from Third Party suppliers to ensure value
• Communicate and advocate product and price value in support of successful conversions
• Confirm required services with Third Party suppliers
• Manage all financial aspects of booking in Travel Studio according to company guidelines
• Ensure all Travel Studio booking details are complete and accurate in accordance with department guidelines
• Maximize conversions by following up on Quote Pending bookings in established timeframe
• Demonstrate competency of destination knowledge
• Meet or exceed established Service standards
• Make recommendations for process, procedure and technology improvements
• Collaborate with Sales Assistant to coordinate all pre and final documents, and assist with guest
• Collaborate with internal departments to facilitate booking process and sales
• Assist Guest Relations on post tour issues to ensure guest satisfaction is maintained
• Sales projects as determined by management
Skills and Abilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on telephone sales
• Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills and ability to multi task
• Strong geographic, destination, cultural and world affairs knowledge
• Intermediate computer skills required (Microsoft Office) and ability to quickly master new technologies
• Good judgment and problem solving skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Excellent inter-personal skills
• Must be able to read/write/speak in English
• Foreign language skills preferred
Education and Experience • Associate or Bachelor degree preferred or equivalent experience
• High School diploma required
• Two years travel industry experience preferred
• Sales experience preferred
• Knowledge of world geography preferred
• Evening, weekend and approved overtime may be required
• International travel may be required (and maintain a current passport)
Our fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture, fun work environment and excellent benefits makes A&K the place for you! If you have limited work experience but have a great work ethic, positive attitude, exposure to the travel industry and an engaging personality we would love the opportunity to talk with you!