The Benefits & Wellness position is responsible for supporting the Benefits Department to provide an exceptional employee experience related to all benefit programs. This position requires the ability to effectively manage benefit administration, implementations, and communications. The incumbent will also monitor legislation, as well as employee needs, to promote best practices, improve processes and procedures, while also enhancing the employee experience.
* Administer the day to day H & W benefit programs, within assigned area of responsibility.
* Monitor the actual delivery of all DNTA benefit plans assigned for accuracy and timeliness of services. Troubleshoot current benefit delivery systems and recommend any programming or system changes as needed to correct any deficiencies that occur and/ or improve processes.
* Interpret plan documents and make recommendations to vendors regarding benefit payments as well as changes in operational processes and procedures.
* Collaborate with payroll and ensure that employer contributions and payroll deductions are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
* Assist employees through life event changes, provide different benefit options and assist them in enrolling for the plan that best meets their needs.
* Collaborate with various departments to audit and review benefits and program offering.
* Must have solid communications skills to explain benefit plans to employees.
* Resolving employee issues with benefits administrators and insurance providers
* Providing new hires with explanations of benefits and instructing them on enrollment and fulfillment procedures.
* Analyze and evaluate market trends, plan experience and other benefit data for use in HR, financial and business planning. Establish metrics to evaluate the performance of our third party vendors. Perform analyses of past trends in benefit data, project future trends, and provide interpretations of demographic changes using standard statistical analysis techniques.
* Assess the impact of plan design changes and administration of benefit plans and recommend appropriate solutions as needed. Assist in the development and implementation of new benefit programs. Take a lead role in the annual review and update of all Benefit Plans and Requests for Proposals from competing carriers and vendors.
* Assist in the annual review of Plan Documents, Summary Plan Descriptions, and benefit change proposals, to ensure documents match operational processes.
* Arrange and conduct employee information presentations including company wide Annual Open Enrollments, Benefits Fairs, etc.
Basic Required Skills & Experience:
* Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or related field + 2 years experience OR Associates Degree + 4 years experience OR 8 years of Daimler related experience is required
* Demonstrated analytical skills are required
* Previous experience demonstrating proficiency with HRIS or other related benefits eligibility systems is required
* One year project management or leadership experience is required
* Comprehensive understanding of federal and state regulations pertaining to benefit plans is required
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required
Basic Preferred Skills & Experience:
* Masters Degree in Business Administration or related field is preferred
* CEBS or other benefits certification or coursework is preferred
This position is open to consideration at the following locations:
* Portland, OR
Daimler Trucks North America is firmly committed to developing a work environment that supports empowerment and inclusion for our current and future employees. We recognize that our ability to adapt will enable us to compete for a broader range of talent. Additionally, our business and the people who work within it will be successful and profitable if we remain agile and flexible in our approach to work.
To continue to build a great place to work for all, we are committed to a culture that supports flexibility and encourages a positive working environment that achieves the needs of our business and employees.
* @hybrid: Number of days at home and at the office will be determined through an ongoing conversation with your Manager. DTNA will ensure that your WFH set-up meets wi-fi / data minimum requirements and sets you up for success. Travel to the office is not reimbursed and employee must live close enough to attend regular in-person collaborative meeting with at least 24-hour notice.
* Typically requires a Bachelors Degree
* Typically requires 5-7 years of relevant experience or 8 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree
* Requires in-depth knowledge and expertise in job field and working knowledge of related disciplines
* Uses analytical thought to independently solve complex problems with minimal guidance and identify solutions
* May lead team or department projects or work streams within broader projects
* Acts as an advisor to management and key external stakeholders on job field related projects
* Acts as a resource and guide for colleagues with less experience
* Uses experience to contribute to standards in which others will operate
- Agile Methodology
- Business Administration