Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Sell company products and services to customers by processing orders, price and delivery inquiries, providing technical and application information, soliciting customer orders and suggesting additional products in a fast paced multi-tasking environment.
- Maintains responsibility of orders from quotation to collection:
- Select and specify a variety of products utilizing a variety of FCX and vendor supplied tools/software.
- Responds to customer inquiries.
- Processes customers’ orders and send order acknowledgements.
- Review customer purchase orders for special conditions/documentation
- Checks availability and verifies ship dates.
- Increases order size by suggesting related items, explaining features, and checking customer’s buying history.
- Processes and expedites orders, customer returns and returns to vendors in an accurate and timely manner. Locates product and creates purchase orders. Follows-up with vendors to ensure timely delivery.
- Negotiates pricing and delivery with vendors when necessary.
- Works closely with Outside Salesman in soliciting business, executing order transactions and maintaining superior customer service levels.
- Communicates effectively and participates positively as a member of the Branch/Division inside sales team (e.g. sharing work load when possible, picking incoming phone calls, etc.)
- Maximizes gross margin by ensuring that FCX gets paid for superior service, problem solving, and technical expertise.
- Reviews open customer order reports and takes action on open items; specifically, those items that may be at risk in meeting the customer’s promised delivery date.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 1-3+ years’ experience in Customer Service related Industry preferred, experience in an Inside Technical Sales/Customer Service/Application Engineer role with an Industrial Distributor a plus.
FCX Performance is an Applied Industrial Technologies Company and a leading process flow control company, providing technical, mission-critical products and services to more than 15,000 end users, OEMs, and EPC firms across a broad range of industries and markets. Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading industrial distributor that offers more than 6.5 million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry.
Applied® provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers storeroom services and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
Complex Problem Solving