At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Perform advanced technical problem solving in support of nuclear plant turbine generator operations. Facilitate subject matter experts to resolve issues that require technical decision making and troubleshooting. Possesses excellent knowledge in functional discipline and its practical application and has detailed knowledge of applicable industry codes and regulations. Enforce at all times procedure use and adherence, Human Performance fundamentals, Technical Human Performance techniques and provide coaching and mentoring as necessary to achieve continuous improvement.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide technical expertise and consultation through direct involvement to identify and resolve equipment and system problems.
- Provide in-depth technical expertise to develop, manage, communicate and implement problem solving activities and programs, as well as supporting station engineering in the development of engineering analysis activities and programs.
- Accountable for the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of work ensuring proper configuration management and assuring that standard design criteria, practices, procedures and codes are used in preparation of plans and specifications.
- Perform independent research, reviews, studies and analyses in support of technical projects and programs.
- Recommend equipment, new concepts and techniques to improve performance, simplify construction, reduce costs, correct design or material flaws, or comply with changes in codes or regulations.
- B. S. in Engineering or equivalent technical degree
- 6 Years experience in applicable field
- Associates Degree
- 8 Years Experience in applicable field
- HS diploma
- 10 years in the applicable field
Note: 'Applicable Field' may include at least two years of exempt level experience in maintenance, engineering, work management, outage services or qualified supervision of skilled trades or holding and maintaining ANSI certifications/quals of an exempt position such as planning/scheduling.
- Professional Engineer Registration
- Advanced technical degree or related coursework
- Must be able to manage and implement technical programs and support development of engineering documents with minimal supervision.
- Must have excellent computer skills, communication skills (both written and oral) and experience in database a
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
[ Link removed ]
- Complex Problem Solving
- Decision Making