To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
3100 Industrial Drive
Commerce, TX 75428
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Commerce, TX- Machine Operator II (Granulator)
Mohawk (Manufacturing) • Commerce, TX
Posted 15 days ago
We are always in search of Difference Makers to help us generate solutions and solve problems so that we can continue flooring the imagination of our customers; while providing value to their lives. We're redefining flooring with products that, not only minimize climate impact, but also foster beauty and allow people to connect and thrive.
If you would like to make a direct impact with a multi-billion-dollar Fortune 500 global leader in flooring fashions, while making the world a better place, then we have an exciting opportunity for you!
Mohawk Industries is the world’s largest flooring company \u2013 and we are growing. We are a Fortune 500 company (NYSE: MHK) and our competitive advantages are huge.Responsibilities
- Responsible for inspection and general upkeep of the lift truck assigned.
- Inspects lift truck and completes the inspection report for daily maintenance and safety purposes.
- Changes battery and cleans lift truck as needed.
- Pulls correct scrap foam material according to the products being produced.
- Places the proper material on the conveyor as determined by the production schedule and process flow.
- Maintains adequate amount of materials at the workstation always to ensure an even flow through the granulating process.
- Operates granulator equipment and monitors the process to ensure no contaminated material enters the equipment.
- Performs general housekeeping duties to maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Serves as a member of the Plant Emergency Response Team
- Performs other duties as required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English
- At least 6 months experience in a warehouse position.
- Ability to maintain a good attendance record.
- Basic computer knowledge required
- Ability to maintain an acceptable level of attendance in accordance with company and department guidelines.
- Able to work in extreme temperatures.
- Able to sit, stand, reach, bend, climb and twist without restrictions.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Good oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with employees in the immediate unit and in related support roles.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating or maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, decimals, and fractions.
- Requires a high degree of mental and visual attention to perform all tasks in a safe manner.
EOE MINORITIES / FEMALES / PROTECTED VETERANS / DISABLEDAbout Mohawk
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.