The VP of Information technology will lead a diverse team of IT professionals in the pursuit of continually progressive leadership and oversight of technology and its application to advance Old Point National Bank’s strategic plan and commitment to our customers.
Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, the position will serve as the leader of the IT function representing best practices and perspectives to our organization’s vision and strategy, while providing day to day leadership and oversight of technology and its application to advance our strategic plan. Additionally, ensures effective information systems and services, including, but not limited to, leading, planning, developing, analyzing, designing, implementing, training, and maintaining all facets of innovative information technology services. This position drives the execution of Old Point’s IT initiatives’ delivery by building relationships and aligning business with technology.
The ideal candidate for this opportunity will possess the following:
- Advanced knowledge of computer applications, operating systems, hardware, telecommunications mainframe, micro, and complex LAN/WAN network infrastructure, and SQL and other common database solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of systems security controls, permissions and interoperability standards to ensure security and integrity of data and consistency in computer software applications.
- Advanced knowledge of system design, selection and implementation.
- Skilled in utilizing methods for gathering and presenting general, statistical and technical data, and recognizing intended audience.
- Skill in developing/managing analysis and evaluation of projects, programs, policies, procedures, developing department metrics and operational needs.
- Skill in applying best principles and practices of administration, effective supervision and training/development.
- Excellent interpersonal relations skills.
- Skill in Consumer Centricity.
- Skill in achieving results through effective management of resources, systems and processes.
- Skill in developing IT talent.
- Skill in managing multiple technology projects simultaneously.
- Ability to create and manage an integrated information technology infrastructure and related master plans.
- Ability to evaluate and integrate current technology innovations into ongoing practices
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, business information management, computer engineering or a related field.
- Master’s degree in computer science, business information management, computer engineering or a related field (preferred)
- A minimum of seven (7) years of progressive Information Technology experience (in a Financial Institution and Fiserv platform preferred)
- Minimum of five (5) years in a supervisory capacity.