Cleveland-Cliffs Cleveland Works has an immediate opening for a Shift Manager, in our Railroad Transportation Department. The following primary position responsibilities and key position requirements are intended to provide an overview of the position but are not all-inclusive.
Summary of Responsibilities
* Oversee entire plant's rail operations concerning internal and external customers. Coordinate customer's production schedule with that of the railroad to ensure service coverage.
* Direct efforts of maintenance personnel and contractors so as to maintain safety and prevent delay.
* Troubleshoot and restore operation to remote-controlled locomotives as required during duty shift.
* Create / administer employee schedules, fill for vacancies, plan for future vacancies.
* Administer and enforce required agency programs such as:
* Alcohol and Substance testing relating to:
* Post-Accident, Random testing, Return to Work Physicals, Reasonable Cause, Reasonable Suspicion
* Locomotive engineer certification, Program of Safety Audits, Rule Book classes and tests, Hazardous Materials Handling, First Aid / CPR
* Handle investigation of injuries with root-cause analysis and create incident reports and make proper notifications for all derailments, collisions, injuries, near misses, equipment damage or environmental incidents per FRA and Cleveland Cliffs reporting standards.
* Perform duties utilizing Microsoft Windows Operating System.
* Assist in re-railing of freight equipment.
* High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
* 3 years of supervisory experience, experience performing in a union environment
* Proficient use of hand tools and familiarity with proper lifting techniques
* Must be willing to work swing-shifts and be available to be contacted for assistance at all times.
* BA/BS in Business Administration or Engineering
* Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and web-based scheduling programs
* Experience as a DSLE (Designate Supervisor Locomotive Engineer)
* Possession of current Locomotive Engineer's License
* 3 years supervisory experience performing within a union environment
* 3 years supervisory experience performing within a common carrier railroad environment.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is the largest flat-rolled steel company and the largest iron ore pellet producer in North America. The Company is vertically integrated from mined raw materials, direct reduced iron, and ferrous scrap to primary steelmaking and downstream finishing, stamping, tooling, and tubing. We offer an excellent total compensation package including top pay with variable compensation opportunity, health insurance, retirement plan, education assistance, paid time off and more!
As a company, we are doing what we can to keep all our employees safe and healthy. It is the current expectation that all Cleveland-Cliffs employees will be vaccinated against COVID-19 as soon as possible. Before accepting an offer of employment, you must certify that you are fully vaccinated. Cleveland-Cliffs reserves the right to require proof of vaccination.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to or call
and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Do not email your application materials to this email address. Application materials sent to this email address will not be considered.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. We are a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment screening as a condition of employment.
- Business Administration
- Construction Toolkits